500 internal server error

Guest magix111

Guest magix111

HI, I am trying to install 3.0.1. Have done the manual install but continue to get the above 500 internal server error. What might I be doing wrong? Do I need to modify the ini file in someway. Am using godaddy linux servers

Thank you,

Mary

Guest toys4mobiles.com

You may have to delete the HTACCESS file in the root directory. This is what caused my problems as my server did not recognise the command in the file. This should solve the problem...

Also does anyone know what this file is used for and what the command in it means?

php_value arg_separator.output &

When using PHP as an Apache module, you can also change the configuration settings using directives in Apache configuration files like .htaccess

arg_separator.output is separator used in PHP generated URLs to separate arguments. PHP default setting is &.

Ampersands in URLs should be encoded (&)....

W3C recommendation:

Entity references start with an ampersand (&) and end with a semicolon. If you want to use a literal ampersand in your document you must encode it as "&" (even inside URLs)

Most of sites run PHP in cgi mode that doesnt support php_value commands in .htacces files.

I believe that has been a sufficient explanation :)

Guest netace

You may have to delete the HTACCESS file in the root directory. This is what caused my problems as my server did not recognise the command in the file. This should solve the problem...

I'd like to try deletin the .HTACCESS file, but it doesn't show on the remote side listing in FTP (either WS-FTP or Ace FTP)

Any suggestions?