options question? manual credit card question.

Guest tysonblood

Guest tysonblood

I'm a graphics business and I'm having trouble with the options for each product. I need to be able to have a text box for the customers to enter custom text, for example I sell motorcycle number plates and I need to be able to have the customer enter there motorcycle number. also I have a option for the customer to have there name printed the there also. so I would need a field for that? is this somthing I can do with cube cart or should I look for somthing else.

I also need to be able to have the customer enter a manual credit card so I can put it through on my CC machine, is that possible?

and last.. When I do in and make my options in the admin page, under product options. It is really confusing? under step "3. Assign option & value to product"

under the option attribute some are blank and I dont know what ones are what? it doesnt make any sense, it only does this when I have to have more then 1 page.

any help would be great and much appreciated.

Guest vrakas

Hi there,

Question 1 Search the forum and if not go to Request a Mod maybe someone can help you out on this.

answer to question 2 for you by Click on this link

question 3 it is a bit confusing i know but after you play with it a bit i think you will figure it out.

Sorry not much help :^^:

CC3 can be modified to take manual credit card info via Mals-e as vrakas said; the link takes you to the long article by cho123456 on how to do it, however if you're not comfortable with playing around with code, it may not be for you.

Re a plain text entry field: I'd be surprised if it can't be done in CC3, but again you'll probably have to do some coding yourself.

Be aware that Mals-e credit card transaction gateway can be easily configured to work with almost anything that uses "plain ol' HTML", i.e. you could build a very simple web page/site with Dreamweaver or whatever and make it a "shop" simply by sending the necessary code to Mals-e (and the code IS simple - gawd, even I can do it!).

It is very easy to incorporate plain text fields into Mals-e (so people can type in stuff like bike numbers, invoices numbers - whatever they want).

I suggest (a) go over to Mals-e (www.mals-e.com) and study the info there, then (:^^: have a look at a program called Gallery (http://gallery.menalto.com). Gallery was designed as a gallery as the name suggests; it was not designed as a "shop", however because of its design it's ideal to turn into a shop using Mals-e as the credit card gateway.

I'm building an online shop for a guy who sells antique photographs, and using Gallery plus Mals-e.

Gallery may not be suitable for your application, but it could be worth having a look at.

If you want more info on either Gallery or Mals-e, feel free to ask. I'm NOT an expert on either, but I have used 'em quite a bit and am getting reasonably familiar with them.

Good luck.

Brook

(Castlemaine, Vic. Australia)

Oh by the way, I forgot to mention:

Mals-e is free (NO fees of any kind - no % of your transaction - zilcho!). Mals-e does have a "Premium" version which costs the huge sum of US$6 a month, but frankly unless you do lots of transactions I doubt you'd need it.

Brook