Is a Custom Pricing/Sale Structure Possible?

Guest Neckman

Guest Neckman

Hello,

I'm evaluating this software and trying to set up a mock site for my father-in-law who runs a small business selling specialized books. I'm a programmer so he's asked me to find the best free e-commerce software for use on his website. So far, this is my favorite.

His main concern is that he has a dynamic pricing structure, where if you buy X dollars worth of books, he'll give you a discount on various books in your order,based on their sale code. Each book has a separate sale code, so the discount varies per book.

Is it possible to add something like this to CubeCart? If it requires programming, I could pull it off. I'm versed in PHP/C/C++/Perl/MySQL/etc. I'd like to reflect the correct price in the Shopping Cart at all times, only showing the sale price if the X dollars amount has been reached.

And, a separate question: is it possible to add a field to the display of his items (books) called Author?

Thanks,

Scott

Guest Oscgfx

The easiest way to add an author field would be to add it into the product description when posting a new item.

Not sure about the other question - however if you are well versed in PHP as you say it shouldnt be a problem as the source code is freely available.

;)

Guest Neckman

Yeah, I thought about putting the author in the description. However, I'd like to be able to have users sort by author, and having the author in the description wouldn't allow that. I'd also like to have the ability to search for books by author.

I have been looking through the code a little bit, but haven't yet found the appropriate place. I'm hoping somebody can give me a pointer to the right place in the code.

Thanks for the reply...

Scott

Guest Neckman

Yes, it's true that I could include it in the description and then be able to search for the Author that way. However, it would be cleaner to be able to search for Author if there was a separate Author field. I'm hoping to be able to do that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Neckman

So, I'm about half way through completely implementing manufacturers for products. I should be done in another week or two (doing this during weekends when I get spare time). So far, so good. Not too hard. The DB stuff is done. The coding is going smoothly. Lot's of areas to touch.

I'll update when I finish. I might post my changes to the code/database in the major tweaks section of this discussion forum...

Scott