3.02 Shipping calculation still not working ?

Guest craigwalker

Guest craigwalker

Have I done something wrong on my upgrade to 3.02 or are other people still having the same problem where if you change an items quantity in the checkout you have to update the cart twice to get the correct shipping by weight amount added to your total?

Guest EverythingWeb

Craig,

There is a modifation floating around somewhere to negate this problem. I shall have a quick dig and see if I can find it (it is on the forums somewhere).

Thanks.

Guest craigwalker

Hi,

That post seems to be for "Print Order Form" issue, this is a problem with the cart not adding up new shipping totals without being updated twice when using shipping by weight.

Guest joshbro90

i get this same problem. my total is not added in the cart so when people go to shop and pay they get free shipping and its very annoying can someone please post a real fix for this problem thanks

The shipping calcs can be a little tricky to set up until you get used to them (and maybe even after that!).

I've just been testing my "test" cart (3.0.2) and shipping seems to work correctly.

One area where one may fall into an unseen trap is with the price/weight breaks. It seems you set up CC with various prices charged Vs weight of item(s), e.g.:

1:2.50 means items 1kg (or pound if you're that way inclined) of 1kg or less will be charged at $2.50;

10:20.00 means items 10kg or less will be charged at $20.00. You can set as many breaks as you wish, separated by commas.

(Note: I think the above example means items ABOVE 1kg but LESS than 10kg will be charged at $20.00, but I'm not certain - haven't tested yet).

Using the above example, the "trap" seems to be that if you place 1 item of say, 4kg in the basket, the charge will be $20.00.

If you change the basket to 2 items (now total weight = 8kg) it'll still charge only $20.00 because the total weight is under the 10kg break-point.

If you add a 3rd item so the total weight is over 10kg, it should charge the next higher charge.

I have not tested this very thoroughly, but that's how it seems to be working out.

O.T.: For those who have noted troubles using Mals-e, I can only report that I've set my test cart up with my Mals-e account and it works fine.

Guest craigwalker

My shipping is being calculated perfectly, its just not being added to the carts total..

Ie..

have one item in the cart at 1kg, goto cart and proceed to checkout, change the number of items to say 5 and update, the 5kg price for shipping is shown in the drop down menu but the original 1kg cost is still being added to the carts total unless you update the cart for a seccond time which isnt how it is supposed to work. So the end result is people can get round your shipping by weight cost by adding 1 item and going to checkout then adding more just before the cart total is processed and only be charged for the orignal one items weight..

I'm having the same problem.. the only way to add the shipping to the total is by clicking Update Cart. If a customer doesn't do this, they can bypass the shipping altogether.