Mal's E

Guest kjverrette

Guest kjverrette

Hello, Iam trying to use the mals's e manual processing for checkout, its not working, When i go to checkout its saying the website error. also its asks when setting up for acct#, is that the same thing as the login. please help anyone

thank you

kenneth

Guest EverythingWeb

Hello,

Yes Account Number: in the Gateway configuration screen is your Mals-E username. However it sounds like the problem could be Server Domain:

You need to make sure you have ww*X*.aitsafe.com - Where *X* is a number ASSIGNED BY MALS-E.

You need to get on your Mals-E account and find which server you are on (also containted in the email when you signed up)

BTW, when configured (3 Config Options) Mals-E gateway works perfectly.

Guest kjverrette

Ok that works i found out the ww* for mals e. but when you checkout it doesnt add the total or shipping from the shopping cart. do i need to do something else to make this part work.

Thank you

kenneth

• 2 weeks later...

I am having problems getting this to work as well can some one confirm that its just the user Id that i put in the acct box in the gateway setup?

mY user ID is something like DF1234565

From the info supplied it's a little hard to offer specific help as there are two issues:

The Mals-e setup and the Cube Cart setup.

Could you please advise if the Total including Shipping is correct if you select "Printed Order Form" at the end of the CC Checkout process?

If the Printed Order is working correctly, then it sounds like a Mals-e setup problem.

I have a small test shop set up and configured for a Mals-e test account. The URL is

www.digitalcamera.com.au/shop/

You're welcome to Register, login and "make a purchase" (I wish - ha ha!) and go right through to the Mals-e stage (you can even put in phoney name etc. in the Mals-e part, and use Credit Card data of:

Visa - Number 4111 1111 1111 1111

CVV Number - 123

Exp date - any future date.

If you select one of the Widgets "for sale" you'll find Shipping added at around Stage 2 or 3 of the CC Checkout. The total including shipping should come up correctly on Mals-e as well (it does for me).

I know running a test on someone else's site doesn't solve your problem, but it may give a little confidence that CC does work with Mals-e.

If you can answer the question re Printed Order, I (or others) may be able to be of more assistance.

Ok, I got everything to work after configuring the cart through Mals, but I still have one large problem which is probably going to be the same as others aswell.

When cubecart links over to Mals it then (after cutting out as many of the menus as I can possibly find) still brings up a billing information page for the customer to enter there address, I want to (and Im am sure other will want to) cut out all of these sub menus and go directly to the page where you enter the credit card details.

To me it looks a unproffesional to ask the customer to enter all of there details in cubecart and then ask them to enter them again in Mals (the link should and needs to be seamless otherwise I think that the customer would think it was a bit dodgy) People are scared enough entering there credit details as it is!

I have emailed Mal directly with a link to the forum last night asking how to get rid of the address boxes but nothing yet, any thoughts?

I am currently using CC2 with a Mals E-commerce mod, this works seamlesly with Mals, IE the customer enters all his/her details in CC2 and then is taken straight to the credit card section in mals by passing the need to enter the postage information again.

With CC3 once the postage info is entered you then have to re-enter the postage information in Mals again before going to the credit card page in Mals. There must be a way of bypassing this page as it does on the modded CC2 mentioned above. Although the customer can just press enter on this page and continue on to the payment section, but the customer would not know about this bypass.

I think this will put off customers having to enter things twice.

Any ideas anybody?

So possibly its something to do with the link from cubecart to Mals?

Do you have the $6 per month option or are you on the free package? I was wondering if this made a differance?

I just got this reply from Mal at Mals Ecommerce:

Hi Dan,

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with Cubecart so I can't really comment

on what they have done.

My service is a shopping cart, it is not designed to provide secure

pages for other carts. The nearest thing I have to such a facility is

to post directly into the payment options, the syntax is descibed at:

http://www.mals-e.com/help.php\?pg=19

Mal Stewart

Dan wrote:

> Dear Mal,

>

> Your website has just be integrated with the Cubecart shopping cart

> (www.cubecart.com) but I and several others on the cube cart forums

> (http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/\) are having problems getting it to

> work successfully.

>

> After the buyer completes there order and address in the cubecart script

> you then click on "pay with credit card" this then links over to your

> site but I/we need to go directly to the page where you enter the credit

> card details, I/we need to be able to delete the address fields/billing

> information, confirmation totals as the customer would have already

> entered all of these in the Cubecart script.

>

> Could you let me know how to do it? I will then post your answer on the

> cubecart forum so everyone will be able to use your service.