All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Shipping quotes before cart commitment

Heavens to betsy... This will need some intervention. We definitely should not give an estimate until we know where the parcel is going. With my aforementioned Alice Springs example, the postage quote goes up by 3x when the postcode goes in. There are a bunch of potential customers who will find that very angryfying. That "Estimated" link is pretty subtle. I'm not a novice at this and I didn't guess it. It's an online store, not a gameified learning experience. On the other hand, once found it is very nice. Bouquets to the implementer, and a marshmallow brickbat to the interface designer. The interim solution has to be: initial state a snippet that checks if the "estimated" postcode is set, and if not, it hides the "select your shipping method" box. (minor coding change) change the link text from "Estimated" to "Get a shipping quote" (Text change) move the quote link to the location of the invisible "Select your shipping method" box. (Template change) User enters country and postcode (I presume the region is here because in some jurisdictions it determines the tax.) The shipping method dialog elements appear as now, but with an option to "Change your quote" below the list box. (Coding change to switch the text - template probably does not change,) Does that make sense? R
  3. Shipping quotes before cart commitment

We all agree that better layout and phrasing is needed here. Maybe one day we will get it. CubeCart does give an estimate on shipping charges, but the customer will not know how this initial estimate is derived. The store owner will know when so clued-in as follows: CubeCart uses the store's own address as the destination address until the customer has provided, in some manner, a given destination address. Thus, the initial shipping charges are Estimated and, as observed, ridiculously low. CubeCart has hidden this problem when the store settings are to "Disable initial shipping & tax estimates". However, this hides the following feature. On the shipping line when viewing the basket, you see Estimated. By clicking on this word, a drop-down slides into view where the customer can enter a delivery location. CubeCart now has most of a given address and will get accurate shipping charges. This is your "Quote Postage". When the "Deliver to Billing" is checked, the Delivery Address collection of fields (should) disappear. We all agree that better layout and phrasing is needed here. Maybe one day. the included Foundation skin will have it.
  4. Shipping quotes before cart commitment

After due reflection I am thinking that the neatest correct answer here is to have "View Basket" and "Checkout" do the same thing for anonymous users, which is take the punter to the nice, clean "View Basket" page, where added Country, Postcode fields are abetted and abutted by a "Quote Postage" button. The punter can choose to skip the quote and Checkout, or enter the postcode and country (which defaults appropriately) to get a quote. The first page of checkout has quite enough on it already so there is no need to make it busier. For account customers, we already have their details, so we can provide postage automatically. If the punter chooses to get a quote, the postcode and address information should be populated into the address fields of the next window. Incidentally, if the customer nominates a delivery address, I think it should start out defaulted to the billing address because often they are very similar - home address for billing, work address in the same town for delivery, for example. Post box for billing, house address in the same town for delivery. The names and contact details are generally the same. Thoughts? R
  5. Shipping quotes before cart commitment

That's amusing - it's the only field on that tab that isn't documented. I wonder what it does? Problem: Regardless of its value, and without a postcode selected, my anonymous user is getting a shipping quote that is offering a remarkably low price for delivery to anywhere in Australia (which seems to be selected by default automatically as the country in the address block.) There is no postcode information entered, so the postage module is making it up. I am running this particular query in a newly started Firefox browser. Firefox has never seen this installation before, so it is not using a previous login context. The cart really should be asking for a postcode and country before providing the estimates. (If the customer is in Alice Springs, the cheapest price is $42.) And without confirming the delivery country, it should not be quoting tax, in this case, since all prices are ex-tax. At this point in the dialog, the user has no idea that Australia is selected as the default because the address block is not yet displayed. The case below should show the cart items and the subtotal only, since it is purely about confirming the adjusted quantities. There is nowhere here to enter address information for the cart to derive tax and postage. Tax should only be displayed once the jurisdiction is known. Shipping costs should only be displayed once the postal code and country are both known. To add clarity, I disabled the Store Collection option and I now get $11.41 as the default selection in the list box. Bsmither - can you confirm this behaviour on one of your many installations? Preferably one of the few that has not been monkeyed with in this area. The completely correct solution is to put a note under Shipping "To see shipping options, select a country and region above and enter a postcode" and under the tax block "To see taxes, please select a country in the address block above." The postcode, region and country boxes should be enclosed in a box caption "Complete these for a shipping and tax quote". Problemette 2: The checkbox "Deliver to billing address" seems non-intuitive to me - it really should be "Deliver to another address" and not selected. I can hack it. But I wish I didn't have to." Apparently-already-solved-problem 3: Why don't we have a "Continue Shopping" button in the cart like my existing 4.3.4 store, and all other non-communist online stores have. I see there is an enhancement request and a forum thread on this already, but I cannot work out what eventually happened. Do I use the bsmither amendment to action it myself? Russ
  6. top bar

There is a background color for the top bar, and also a background color for the links. They are currently coded to have the same color. You will want to code for: .top-bar { background: #333333; } .top-bar-section .left { background-color: #333; } .top-bar-section ul li { background: #333333; } .top-bar-section li:not(.has-form) a:not(.button) { background: #333333; } Put these rules in cubecart.default.css, adjusting for the desired color. Then, you will need to force your browser to reload the page's resources. This is usually done vis CTRL-F5.
  7. Shipping module parcel dimensions

An enhancement is necessary. Although there are mods that: * allows each product to have its shipping dimensions databased * a mod that (supposedly) allows for a number of products to fill a box, then to start another box if necessary.
  8. Shipping quotes before cart commitment

I think that's already part of CubeCart. I will need to double-check. In admin, Store Settings, Features tab, Misc section, "Disable initial shipping and tax estimates" is unchecked (although I have not verified this affects anything related to checking for actual shipping costs based on an entered zip code).
  9. top bar

in foundation.css the links is call top bar. yet somehow the bg color doesnt seem to wanna change. am i missing something? i looked and couldnt find an overlaying image?
  10. Is there an existing plug-in that provides shipping quotes for ad-hoc customers? I am looking for something that allows a new customer to build a card then enter postcode and country to get a shipping quote and therefore a total price before they commit to the effort of building an account and parting with their personal details. Thank you for your advice, Russ
  11. Yesterday
  12. Question: Does CubeCart really assume that each store has exactly one size of parcel for each shipping channel? Corollary: Is there really no way to provide a shipping method with actual dimensions other than by modification of the code? From inspection of a variety of postage interfaces for version 6, it seems all still assume a single size of box. Use of any other dimensions means hacking the interfaces because they do not contain any hooks. Parcel volume is essential when there is air travel or couriers involved, or when large, light objects (like foam iceboxes) are send by post and the postal service invokes volume pricing. Getting these wrong results in under-charging and potentially significant profit reductions. Tell me it is not so... If not, I feel an enhancement request coming on... Russ
  13. Two prices per Product

There is no trick -- but one needs to realize the limitations of what gets exported. However, if there is in fact more than one item in the inventory, then we are concerned that your exported CSV contains only one item. The CSV should have all items. With respect to getting a custom dataset into the CSV, we can help with building a module to do that.
  14. Two prices per Product

"Export Catalogue" only exports the first product (???) into a csv file; the pricing group is not exported at all. I am hoping to export all products, then add the group price to all products in anticipation of a mod as described above. Is there a trick to get the export working?
  15. Figured it out. One of the plugins had upgraded to be used on php 7. Removing that plugin while logged in on php 7 then allowed me to log in on php 5.6 and I could reinstall the 5.6 version of that plugin.
  16. Hi there I changed the server PHP to 7.2 and everything was running great and faster. I then noticed that certain plugins were not working in 7.2 so I rolled back to 5.6. For some reason now I can not access the admin in 5.6 and can only access the admin in 7.2 In 5.6 I just get the page is not working
  17. Lost CC6 login details

In PHP admin, forget the encrypted password, but take a look at the email address asscociated with the admin account. Try to log in to cubecart and use the forgot my password link. Input said email address and await futher instructions from the cart. If you don't have access to that email, change the email address in PHPadmin to one that you do have access to, and repeat the above. Alternatively, you may be able to find who hosts your original site by using something like this. https://gb.hostadvice.com/tools/whois/ Of course, this relies on you remembering the login details for the hosting plan.
  18. discount registered user

i was looking in the Market Place and i did not see anything like this. i would like to offer a % discount on all products to a registered user.so when you log in you see Xprice for product but when you go to the cart you will see the discounted rate. if someone decides to check out as a guest they would pay full price. is there a way to do this? thanks in advance kwick
  19. Outgoing SMTP Host

thank you for the welcome. i just seen this and have set it to php mail() for some reason it was set to smtp. the site is now sending email i will be making more post in a few minutes lol for plugins i dont see.. thanks for the quick responce kwick
  20. Outgoing SMTP Host

Welcome kwickcut! Glad to see you made it to the forums. CubeCart uses the PHPMailer library (https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer) for all email transportation. PHPMailer is told to use SMTP, or to use PHP's mail() functions that relate to the connection to whatever service is defined in the PHP.INI file, which generally is a server on localhost. So, when you say 'phpmail', do you mean PHP's mail() family of functions, or the PHPMailer library? If in admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, Sending Method is PHP 's mail() functions, then you do not enter anything relating to SMTP details, as the connection details to postfix (or whatever) should already be in the PHP.INI file.
  21. Two prices per Product

Export CSV? Is this task a database table translation to a CSV file? If so, the prices for each pricing group (by id) is in CubeCart_pricing_group and CubeCart_pricing_quantity. If not, are you wanting to perform the function found in admin, Export Catalogue?
  22. Outgoing SMTP Host

hello all, i just installed cubecart and it looks to be very straight forward and very clean. i just have one issue so far. i run my own server with postfix. my service provider blocks port 25 so i use a redirect service so i can send mail on port 2525. i do have other sites running on this server using phpmail and have no issues with the server sending mail. my question is i do not see an option for phpmail so what info should i place in the Outgoing SMTP Host field. thanks in advance kwick
  23. Two prices per Product

I was able to set group price that I call "Member Price", but it does not show up in the export csv; where is this tored? Also was not able to export more than one product.
  24. Two prices per Product

Ran into a snag. A "ghost" customer does not have a certain property, and the code that offers the group pricing is wanting to see that property. So, I am solving a work-around and testing to see if it breaks anything else. I am close.
  25. Two prices per Product

This is the current setup; html pages and perl script to process. You can test it using cc #4111 1111 1111 1111. Works great, but too many items now and would be great to have the CubeCart functionality. Oops! Here is the link. http://www.aeronca.org/Store.html
  26. Last week
  27. Customer Groups on Registration Page

It has be sent. Thank you for your help. R
  28. Customer Groups on Registration Page

I have done exactly this and that for exactly the same reasons. The Registration page presents the collection of "Customer Class" (aka 'group') which the registrant self-selects. All newly registered customers are set in a 'disabled' state. The admin then 'enables' those customers after review as appropriate. Send me a PM with your email address and I will forward the necessary edits.
  1. Load more activity