Adding a links tab

Guest toppair

Guest toppair

I would like to add a links page tab to the "tabs bar" How can I do this.

I went to the catagories.tpl and copied what was there for the HOME page but once I changed the name and link it didn't work right.

Guest toppair

I was able to figure it out.

Open the categories.tpl

You'll see:

<td class="topCatsTabLeft">&nbsp;</td>

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="../index.php" class="txtCat">{LANG_HOME}</a></td>

<td class="topCatsTabRight">&nbsp;</td>

Replace with:

<td class="topCatsTabLeft">&nbsp;</td>

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="../form/index.php" ;) class="txtCat">Form</a></td>

<td class="topCatsTabRight">&nbsp;</td>

• 2 months later...
Guest ssppaarree

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I have been searching the form and waiting for a response to a mesage that I posted about the exact thing. It works wonderfully!

• 2 weeks later...

viper682, they are writing about the Killer skin, and the one on your site is the Classic. Categories are handled differently in the two skins.

However, to add an extra link to the Classic skin category list is just as easy. On my site at CC3.biz, there is a link for the Shopping Cart at the bottom of the category list.

Although that skin is based on the Legend template, it handles categories the same as the Classic.

In the Classic skin, go to styleTemplates/boxes/categories.tpl, you'll find:

<div class="boxContentLeft">

<ul>

<li class="bullet"><a href="index.php" class="txtDefault">{LANG_HOME}</a></li>

<!-- BEGIN: li -->

<li class="bullet"><a href="index.php?act=viewCat&amp;catId={DATA.cat_id}" class="txtDefault">{DATA.cat_name}</a></li>

<!-- END: li -->

<!-- BEGIN: sale -->

<li class="bullet"><a href="index.php?act=viewCat&amp;catId=saleItems" class="txtDefault">{LANG_SALE_ITEMS}</a></li>

<!-- END: sale -->

</ul>

</div>

<li> indicates a new list item. The first is the Homepage link. You can add a new list item either before, or after, or in place of the Homepage link.

Secondly, you see a comment about <!-- BEGIN: li --> . . . do not add any list items between the tags <!-- BEGIN: li --> and <!-- END: li -->

Thirdly, you see a comment about <!-- BEGIN: sale --> and <!-- END: sale -->, do not add another list item between those tags.

Add list items between the <ul> and </ul> tags, anywhere except between the sets mentioned above. The syntax for adding your link is as follows:

<li class="bullet"><a href="your_link_url" class="txtDefault">your_link_name</a></li>

Guest suek751

Instead of deleting the homepage tab bar in the killer skin, how would you add a completely new tab bar? My homepage is a non-php url that I want to link back to. I want to be able to click on a tab that says home. I have changed the homepage tab to read as "storefront". My test cart is: http://www.modelmekids.com/CubeCart_3[1].0.5/upload/index.php

This may have been answered somewhere but appreciate the explanation for a newbie. Thanks!