what is fckeditor

Guest toppair

FCK Editor is the BEST online wysiwyg open source editor out there and kudos goes to brooky for including it in CC3

it actually generates decent html and also gives you the option to upload images and paste source code just wish the FCK developer would create several other tool bars instead of the default with everything and the basic with hardly nuttin for tools something in between would be nice

maybe in their next release of the editor they will as I use it also on a Content management system a friend and I developed

• 5 months later...

I disagree. I have had nothing but big problems with fckeditor. All I can say is that it is appropriately titled.

I can't get it to even work in IE, or Netscape. So basiclly the new cubecart version is useless to me now and I am very sad because I loved the old version of CC. I don't know why on Earth they decided to go with this bulky/buggy html editor??? ... can I still download CubeCart 2.0.1 anywhere?

If not, I will have to master zen cart which is very nice but much more complicated.

thanks

@kinetic -- There are many diffrent tool bars you can chose from you can change what icons are included and you can also change how the bar looks...

@wiki -- If you really dont like the FcKEditor there are a few mods out there to disable it and replace it with a basic text box, as a note 90% of the users like the fckEditor thought it is slow it gives alot of control to users that are not HTML literate and so makes the cart alot more user friendly.

I know for a fact i would not have been able to sell Cubecart to a lot of my clients if it had not included FckEditor.

Slow? ... I'll settle for working.

It don't work at all. I installed it, everything worked fine and looked great until I tried to edit a product and that stupid editor started to load ... and load ... and load ... and then nothing. This was in IE, so I figured I would try it in Netscape ... did the exact same thing!

That to me says "there is a problem with this software", so I unistalled it and installed zen cart.

Where can I find these mods that will de-activate that stupid fckeditor?, and how much are they selling them for? And if it is so great, how come mods were made to de-activate it?

thanks.

thought it is slow it gives alot of control to users

the mods where made because some people couldn't run it on free webspace servers and many found it runs slow and so the mods where made...

I know estelle holds one of the mods and as far as i remember it is a free mod...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest skybox007

Hi,

I can a write mod to turn on or off the fckeditor and replace it with the regular text input box. Let me know if you interest.

Please check out my site for other mods, >>>URL Removed by Moderator.<<<

Thanks