Easy Installation!

Guest trialanderror

Guest trialanderror

Hi, for a good while now i was looking for shopping cart program...and i finally decided to try out CubeCart v3.

I have to say that the installation process was a breeze, at first i was a little hesitant when i saw how raw the readme.txt file was...but then i understood..

upload

make database

and go to your store folder

i especially liked the notice to remove the install folder, this is helpful to avoid mishaps...lol

i have not tested the program, but if it anything like the installation

bravo!

I will definitely try to get more involved in this forum.

thanks

Guest tbladecki

I am new to cubecart as well and have found that it is very easy to use and you can get started right away [most of the time], I personally did not have any major issues. I am learngin more about the code and programming everyday. It seems to be fairly stright forward if you understand the langage a little bit...... Welcome aboard and hope to see how it all turns out.

Hats off to Brooky and the team for offering a great product at a great price....free is always good.

Thanks for you kind words.

3.0.3 works better on windows and php5 so it will on ly get easier for other with different configs in the future. :rolleyes:

Could this be the reason why so many people are having difficulty viewing their installations with IE and Firefox web browsers?

Good Luck with that.

I sympathise with you and wish you well.

I think a lot of people (myself included) install off of Fantastico and that is probably the next headache for you to solve and get the new version distributed.

As I always say; "If you don't know the rain, you will never recognise the sunshine!"

BTW - I tried both of the other shopping carts available on Fantastico, but far prefer yours.

Just wish I could explain why the cart is not viewable in Internet Explorer or Firefox, BUT I can see it in Opera?

I have always found the easier way to install whether it be for the first time or an upgrade is not to use Fantastico. Fantastico only has version 3 so an upgrade is inevitable. The best way is to create your database, upload the files and install from there. It means adding products again but that's just the way it is until someone comes up with a viable way of importing from a 2.06 or 3.0 database.

Yeah most likely. 3.0.3 has fixed the php5 issues.

Deperately trying to get it ready for release.

Hey there Brooky..

Wow another version coming out hey.

You really do like to keep yourself busy. It was only recently that you brought out the last version.

Is CubeCart your fulltime job or do you work somewhere else as well ??

It's great to see all the hard work you put into CubeCart. The forum is very much alive. The community helping each other resolve their issues brings confidence to the product and a determination to get things right.

I was wondering whether you could post a list of fixes to the board when new versions are released. I would love to read all the fixes and it would be great to then be able to test those areas which were fixed.

Keep up the good work to Brooky and to all those that help keep this project going.