Mulitple Carts Sharing Database

Has anyone done this as yet with version 3?

We have 2 carts on the 1 site that sell completely different things, non-related.

Do we have to set each one up with a seperate database or can they share the databases.

I know that a few other shopping carts can have 2 or 3 carts sharing the one database with 1 admin panel.

It just saves time when it comes to the admin panels. It is also listed in the CubeCart features

http://www.cubecart.com/site/features/

"Previous Features: (Also included in current version)

Multiple stores with one database"

I suppose it could be possible but you would need to make a few modifications to differentiate between the 2 stores, e.g. displaying the categories, would the shipping for both stores be the same?

Guest rkdnsam

no problem at all to do this, you simply need to use a PREFIX during each of your installations (i.e. store1_ then store2_ or cart1_ then cart2_, etc.)

i forget now exactly where i needed to input this, but i think it was around step 3? or step 4? of the installation wizard. anyways, you cant miss it during the install process.

then all of your corresponding tables that are automatically created inside your database will be created with the appropriate prefixe(s) and none of your tables/data will be overwritten

hope this helps

good luck

Yes, this is understandable, but there is a pretty nasty bug.

When you install the second shop, you can only add 1 product to the shopping cart in the first shop you installed, and you cannot checkout (no products display).

The other things I noticed where..

The second shopping cart functions normally, with no problems.

You still need to register in both carts, and they both have different admin panels.

• 1 year later...

Multiple stores with one database means the use of prefix in the database tables, bugs notwithstanding ;)

There will be diffrent admin panels and everything else. That is by design, i am pretty sure about that. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

It seems as though people are not too sure about the correct way to use or implement multiple stores in Cube Cart which is a shame. Can someone please provide more detail?

Like, what if I have domain xyz.com. Is there a problem having xyz.com/store1 while xyz.com/store2 has completely different settings, etc.?

This thread was from last year, so things have probably changed somewhat since then.

There are 2 ways of looking at the question. Sharing a database is easy, just use different prefixes as mentioned above. The problem really comes in when someone asks to not only share the same database, but also the same admin panel, which means to share the same TABLES within the database. I've never tried that, and would expect that the code would need to be hacked (modded) to perform that way.

Having 2 separate installations, such as www.domain.com/shop1/ and www.domain.com/shop2/ is easy as well, especially if you want separate settings. You just install CC twice, once in each location, and both using separate database TABLES, which may be in the same database or in different ones.

More details can be given if the question provides more details. Otherwise, we would need to write a book on all the different variations on how to set up multiple stores. What specifically are you trying to accomplish?

Guest omegareport

I have two sites on one server (one is the main domain, the other a subdomain). One sells general ebooks and software, the other is primarily web design software and ebooks,

I tried to set up a store extension, but nothing worked until I uninstalled and then tried again with only one store - in a folder called cubecart. And I still can't even get that to work - I posted all that nightmare elsewhere in the forums.

Is there a way to add a second store that will actually work?

I don't care about having the same admin (but it would be nice, since there are cross-products that sell in each store).