Check my site........Please?

Guest americanheathen

the only thing i will say is

Please excuse the mess as we restock the store.
not very professional

try something like 'Please bare with us as we improve our site for you future enjoyment'

Also u have spelt welcome wrong, u have wellcome

Guest americanheathen

not very professional

try something like 'Please bare with us as we improve our site for you future enjoyment'

The double L's always get me one way or the other. lol The only reason I termed it that way is because I closed the other american-heathen.com oscommerce site and redirected it to the new site. While I am here, does anyone have a shipping by price level mod?

not very professional

Better be careful if you use evilHomer's advice here - "Please bare with us" means please get naked with us. May not be too professional either, depending on what you're selling, I guess ;)

"Please bear with us" means more like, "Please be patient."

AGTH :D

EDIT: -------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I just looked at your site, looks good. I really like the Tolkein-esque header!

I notice you used Homeboy's phrasing - maybe appropriate since you're selling breastplates, gloves, leggings, etc. So long as you know that you're asking people to "git nekkid" with you :)

Guest americanheathen

not very professional

Better be careful if you use evilHomer's advice here - "Please bare with us" means please get naked with us. May not be too professional either, depending on what you're selling, I guess :w00t:

"Please bear with us" means more like, "Please be patient."

AGTH ;)

EDIT: -------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I just looked at your site, looks good. I really like the Tolkein-esque header!

I notice you used Homeboy's phrasing - maybe appropriate since you're selling breastplates, gloves, leggings, etc. So long as you know that you're asking people to "git nekkid" with you :w00t:

lol! And I didn't catch the please "get all neckie" thing before I replaced the text. I'm on vacation right now so I'll have to fix it when I get home.

Guest sunshine

Hi Americanheathen,

It's a clean site but the background color seems to compete with the content and doesn't feel inviting. When I clicked in, my eyes key shifting from the content to the color. I can see why you chose the background color though. I suggest a more neutral tone. A lighter one or if you prefer dark, then black. Also, my guess is you intend to put an "what we sell" opening in the welcome area. Good Luck, I'm just beginning to work on mine.

lisa

Guest tbladecki

Other then the site on the left and right does not look very balance, and if you go into the catagories the box with the folders for the subcats cuts off the cat title, it look pretty good.

Guest americanheathen

Other then the site on the left and right does not look very balance, and if you go into the catagories the box with the folders for the subcats cuts off the cat title, it look pretty good.

Yeah, I'm having a heck of a time with the cat title getting cut off.

Guest mobilegeeks

I think the shop looks pretty great. It has a wonderful header :D

Also, I think what you have there is fine. Sometimes it's better to sound humble / relationship-oriented as opposed to sounding professional. Both ways can work, but people can relate alot more to an honest answer of "please exscuse the mess".

Here is a problem I see: A lot of your products that you've already loaded are buried deeply in subcategories. When I click on one of your categories, I see a photo, with some folders above the photo, and a message beneath the says, "There are No Products in this Category." My knee-jerk reaction is to leave the category or even the website. There is very little encouragement for me to continue shopping, because the wrong message is being sent, the message that you have no products here.

On my site (still unfinished as well), I changed the text for that same reason. I made it read, "There are no products listed below. Please choose a sub-category or a new category. Thank you for shopping with us!"

I think that if you make a similar change to your text, or do away with it altogether, and add images for your sub-cats, you will be encouraging visitors to continue shopping. The original CC message just doesn't do it for me :)

Good luck,

Mark

;)

A very interesting site. I wonder sometimes how people get interested in what they sell.

I would remove any categories with no products. With so many clicks to get through to open a product list, it's frustrating to finally find no items in a category or sub-cat. You can always add them as you get products.

I would also link your Homepage to your URL and drop the /index.php. You can do this in your skin\styleTemplates\boxes\categories.tpl

<!-- BEGIN: categories -->

<div class="topCats">

<div class="topCatsBgRight">

<span class="topCatsBgLeft">&nbsp;</span>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" align="center" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="topCatsTabLeft">&nbsp;</td>

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php" class="txtCat">{LANG_HOME}</a></td>

<td class="topCatsTabRight">&nbsp;</td>

<!-- BEGIN: li -->

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php?act=viewCat&amp;catId={DATA.cat_id}" class="txtCat">{DATA.cat_name}</a></td>

<!-- END: li -->

<!-- BEGIN: sale -->

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php?act=viewCat&amp;catId=saleItems" class="txtCat">{LANG_SALE_ITEMS}</a></td>

<!-- END: sale -->

</tr>

</table>

</div>

</div>

<!-- END: categories -->

Change "index.php" to "http://www. your url"

Guest americanheathen

...I would remove any categories with no products.  With so many clicks to get through to open a product list, it's frustrating to finally find no items in a category or sub-cat.  You can always add them as you get products...

The problem is that I do have the products to sell - about 300 more items to list. It is just so time consuming to get them all added. I needed to get the store up and running though as a companion to my eBay Store and auction sales. But I do know what you are saying.