shipping billing problem

Guest hardcore77

Guest hardcore77

can someone help me on this one, when the customer checks out the shipping is displayed in the shipping box, but the subtotal does not update. when you go on to make payment through paypal it's not registering with the shipping cost either.

Also i have configured the shipping by weight, but when you go to checkout no shipping is being added.

Anyone got any ideas? :angry:

:) G'day mate i've got the same issues with that as well... i've added a tax amount that should be on all items and it's not showing up either...

someone help us!

I'm using 3.0.2 and am still getting this shipping not adding problem. I've searched the forums and find a few conflicting views as to how to fix it. Is there a 'definitive' answer to this ? I'm using 'per product' shipping btw and it works occasionaly, but mostly it doesn't. Have had to 'down' a website because of this cause I can't afford to give away free shipping with 65% of my orders <_<

Any advice greatly appreciated,

Ally.

I'm using 3.0.2 and am still getting this shipping not adding problem. I've searched the forums and find a few conflicting views as to how to fix it. Is there a 'definitive' answer to this ? I'm using 'per product' shipping btw and it works occasionaly, but mostly it doesn't. Have had to 'down' a website because of this cause I can't afford to give away free shipping with 65% of my orders <_<

Any advice greatly appreciated,

Ally.

I had the same problem my self, along with the could not ship to your country error.

Instead if relying on the customer to update the cart ive adjusted my shop to do it automaticaly -

Hi, ive been doing alot of searching around in regards to the problem. If you click on the Continue button at Step 3 it should auto refresh the page to step 4 with added postage. Ive had one order go through without postage, whether this was related to the normal shipping problem im not sure.

What I have done though is on my cart.tpl file, on the next line after <!-- BEGIN: step_3 -->

ive added:

<body onLoad="java script:submitDoc('cart')"></body>

Im not sure whether I was right in doing so, but appears to be working fine.

Had found your post and had already tried that and it seems to work every now and again. The shipping shows up but is not adding to the total and is not getting added in the paypal payment. This is a total bummer............looks like it's back to V2. Between shipping problems and database restores not working. I much preferred Cubecart to anything else I've seen but the problems I've had since going to V3 make it almost unusable i'm afraid. <_<

megagente how do you have CubeCart 3.0.3? its not even been released yet....

when 3.0.3 does get released is the big question on everyones mind..

Brooky any eta on 3.0.3 and the magic bullet for all our woes?

Ive got a frustrated client pullin his hair out...

Kinetic

Guest Lorissia

Has there been any solution to this yet? I don't see how we can use the cart at all if customers can bypass the shipping amount and go to PayPal without it added in. It's opening us up for a huge problem since "technically" our shopping cart will tell the customers what to pay and we will have to abide by it, eating all the shipping costs. Please advise ASAP on this, as this is very important to using or not using this cart.

I'm having problems with costomers bypassing shipping too?!?!

I'm having absent minded costomers forget to select the lowest cost for shipping and for their lack of attention they are not being charged at all!

I have reproduced this problem and see why not everyone is doing it. I'm using the UPS gateway for shipping, the highest cost for shipping is the default for the drop down menu so most people click it to make sure they aren't charged the highest cost for shipping. But if you don't bother to click that drop down list and select another shipping category you won't be charged for shipping at all.

Is there a fix for this? Is anyone working on this?

Just upgraded to cc3.0.3 and now the !@#$%^&* shipping will not allow anyone to select a lower cost shipping option, it loads with the highest priced shipping and when you try to select the lower price it goes back to the higher price.

Guest megagente

I got 3.0.3 and is not adding too.

Sorry, I must have misspelled the version. Now in 3.0.3 is adding the shipping to billing automatic in the total. The problem I have now is CCNOW gateway is not working.

One question to everyone? do you put these free shopping carts online without testing?