Linking Add to Basket Button

Guest paulabakerparkin

Guest paulabakerparkin

How do I get the 'add to basket' button to link to the shopping basket. At the moment the page just refreshes when it is clicked, but there is nothing to tell the customer that the item has been added. Can the button link to 'view shopping cart' so that a seperate window pops up when they click 'add to basket' with what they have in their shopping cart at the moment?

Paula

Guest paulabakerparkin

I'm afraid that is not what I need,

Instead of the page refreshing and staying on the current item description, I want it to go straight to the basket page. At the moment, a customer would not know if the item was added to the basket as there is no acknowledgement that they have done so.

Paula

sure there is the Shopping cart on the side shows the contents the price quantity and total and a view basket

but I understand what you want now better

maybe one of the cubecart modders can help ya out

basicly when someone adds an item to their basket you want it to goto the view cart

in cubecart2.0.7 there was a setting in admin to let you decide what would happen on add to cart seems this has been lost in CC3

paulabakerparkin has a point. I was confused in the beggining too. most shopping carts take you to the cart view, cubecart doesn't. Although it is slick how cc does it, I love it, it is not very clear that the item was added. Perhaps a message on the page or javascript alert would help in some cases.

but that's just my nickle. (btw two cents is so over. with the current oil prices two cents is now a nickle)...