How do I change the general background color

Guest Tinuviel

Guest Tinuviel

Hello!

I want to have the same background colour as on my old site (wwwcigarrlagret.nu) instead of white, so my old customers recognise the place.

Can i do that in an easy way?

I was thinking of using Killer template.

T.I.A.

You do this in the stylesheets. For example, for the Legends template there are three stylesheets: layout.css, popup.css and styles.css.

layout.css deals with the general layout of the pages. styles.css deals with more specific elements that appear in the pages.

To specify a background color for the whole website, you need something like this in the body tag specifications which you'll find at the top of layout.css:

http://avftexas.com/shopping/ has a black background and a night time image of buildings in Dallas. The body tag in layout.css looks like this:

body  {

background: blue;

}

or alternatively,

body  {

background-color: blue;

}

The skin may well be using an image to produce the background now, so if you see a reference to something like:

url(../styleImages/imagename.gif);

you need to remove that entire line.

You can use shorthand to specify both a background color and an image for the background, if you wish to use a background image. My site at 
body {

margin: 5px;

background:black url(../styleImages/backgrounds/pageBg.gif) no-repeat fixed;

color:white;

background-position: top;

font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;

}

The statement, color:white; sets the default color for text on your site.

HTH

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the notes above only explain setting the background for the entire body of the document. Other elements within the document may have background colors or images specified as well. For instance, in the Header section you need to specify your color and removetany background images in layout.css at #topHeader , .boxContent, .boxContentLeft, .boxContenRightt.

All these examples are based on the stylesheets in the Legends skin; others may vary somewhat.