General Ease of Use (for the customer)

Guest richieruk

Guest richieruk

Firstly let me say that I think CC rocks. It's great, but there are some things that are really irritating - mainy from a customer perspective. I wonder if any of the CC community have solutions to my irritants!

Generally the manner in which a user navigates the site is a bit clunky. What I mean is that on checkout the user must select a shipping method. This is OK but can I force a default method/price instead of the blank default in the drop down box? In my case I have only one shipping method setup so how can I get rid of the drop down box alltogether so the customer does not need to do anything other than click "continue" yet still see the shipping cost on the confirmation page.

Likewise, I have only one payment method setup - is there a way for the user to be automatically redirected to the payment gateway instead of having to choose a payment method as an intermediate step?

These are not major issues but from the customers perspective they are irritating and might lead to a loss of an otherwise good sale.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Richard

If you only have one shipping method enabled and it's not preselected in the dropdown, then you've got something missconfigured.

Check and make that you do in fact have only one shipping method. And if you do, make sure it's configured correctly.

There is no setting in CC to replace shipping dropdown if you only have one method. But it agree it would be nice ( :cry: brooky).

If you really wanted to get rid of the dropdown for shipping then you can either mod the cart.inc.php and calc.php of your chosen method, or ask a moder to do it.

Good luck

/Goober