Force Digital Downloads

Guest groovejuice

Guest groovejuice

I'm in the process of setting up cubecart for digital mp3 downloads. I want to make it simple for unsophisticated customers to save the files. Is there a way to force a download rather than have the file open in an audio player like Windows Media Player. Obviously a right click and 'save target as' works as would compressing as zip or tar, but I want to make it dummy proof. Thanks in advance....

If a user has their browser set to play mp3's rather than download them

Ive not found any way to force it to download and save its browser setting and a player setting dont think there is much you can do to over ride those settings.

having said that...

what you CAN do is on the page that shows the link (in there account settings) or in the email that gets sent with the link is add some verbage stating to Save this file right click and select "save link as" (firefox) or right click and select "save target as" and guide these newbie users in saving their purchased file

Guest groovejuice

Thanks. I thought of that but was hoping for something more elegant. I know with bitpass you just add a snippet to the a link (something like bp_1) and it takes care of business....