Background Help Please

Guest sunshine

Guest sunshine

Hi Everyone,

I'm playing around with my color scheme and am trying to get the yellow/gold pic to display behind the header and boxes while keeping the text regions white. Could you guide to to where I should be placing the pic url for this? Thank you!

Please click below for my site.

Modern Blu

Is this the Legend skin?

Look at layout.css, find #subsurround

Remove all references to background.

If there is no color and no image associated with background at #subsurround, it should perform as invisible and your backgrounds beneath should show through. If this does not work, send a copy of your stylesheet to [email protected] and I'll figure it out :on2long:

Guest sunshine

Hi,

For the Classic Skin, I only found the PageSurround. Below is what reads in the file. The yellow/gold you see in the background on my site is another ref. I know how to get rid of that. But I still can't get the gold wash to show up through the interior of the display rectangle but beneath/around the boxes and body. :)

The contentBg.jpg is actually my gold wash renamed.

#pageSurround {

width: 748px;

margin: 0px auto;

padding: 6px;

border: 1px solid white;

background-color: #FFFFFF;

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/contentBg.jpg);

background-repeat: no-repeat;

background-position: left top;

}

I'm still not sure exactly what you're wanting, but for starters remove the line

background-repeat: no-repeat;

Also, if you want the gold wash on the whole page, remove the background-repeat statement in the body tag. Since the browsers will tile your image by default, you do not need these lines.

The line in pageSurround is telling your browser to show the image in one place, without repeating or tiling. The line in the body tag, which says repeat-x is telling the browser to repeat the image side-to-side only, instead of tiling over the whole page.

Removing these repeat statements completely should work fine. If you're afraid to remove them completely, try changing them to a value of repeat-xy;

You're right, I got the subSurround and PageSurround mixed up. The fact is that if you get the body background to tile properly, and you remove all background references in header and in pagesurround, the body background will show through :)

Guest highertechpc

Hello sunshine,

I took a look at your work in progress. I had been wondering when you would have that available to view. I think your colors look great with the 'fabric' look in your title bar for the boxes. However as you probably already noticed, the white text is difficult to read over the gold colored 'fabric'. In case you don't know where you can do that, it's in your stylsheets/style under: .boxTitleLeft, .boxTitleRight .

You may want to check your spelling on a word or two.

I have a 'color cube' that can make looking for an appropriate color easy. Check it out here. http://www.highertechpc.com/color_cube.htm

Hope I'm not sticking my nose where it doesn't belong.

Hope this helps.

;)

Guest sunshine

Hi HigherTechPc,

Thank you very much for your input! I absolutely appreciate it ;) I've corrected my intro typos and now will try to work on the title box colors as well as trying to fix the image lines. Your color chart is terrific and has been added to my 'Favorites' folder. :D