Skin store

How much would you pay for a themed skin? So far, I have made 5 themed skins based off of the Classic skin. I'm thinking of opening a skin store to sell them, but I'm stumped on how much to charge.

The skins are graphic design based with different colors, titles, and custom background images/designs that match the theme. And also included with the skin will be the person's website name included in the background graphic, when they contact me after purchasing so I can send them a revised background with their name included. The themes I have now are, two butterfly ones, one that is based off the look of Victoria's Secret (colors), conservative "lawyer" looking one, and a fall one.

They aren't at this point anything that is layed out much different than the Classic skin. I will be doing skins for each season and various others. What do you think? How much should I charge? And don't say free . . . I will be offering a free "tip" file and maybe a tutorial at some point. :)

Jen

Guest sunshine

Hi Jen,

You should check what the others are selling them. It varies though, depending pretty much on time and effort.

Also, You can list them for sale in one of the CC Shops. Sir Williams has one,and Booker has one where a few of the modders (for all versions) list. There are more as well.

I have made a handful of coloured skins for cc3 all which are on bookers mod store (c my sig below for link :) ) I sell mine for $10 each for the basic ones.

What you need to remember is if someone wants the rights to that skin or not

if they want to be sole owner of the skin its worth a lot more

if you plan to resell it again and again then the price should reflect that

Guest jeromas

I'd kind of like to be able to place my Product Review mod in a known store. Is anyone with a mod store willing to list it, and if so, can you email/PM/post and let me know what sort of arrangement you have for doing such things?

I'd like to write some more saleable mods for CubeCart, but I don't want to have a store for them, as I have other e-stores I need to work on right now.

ps he may take a couple of days to reply as hes on holiday but its worth the wait as his is the main mod store.

link is in my sig below if u wanna take a look :D

Thanks everyone. I've got it all fixed now, and have 5 browsers on my computer to test my skins! :) I've gone through and fixed all the skins in my store to look good on all browser types. I appreciate eveyone's help and advice!

Oh and I also have added a couple more skins to my store: a fall one and a winter one.

Jen

WOW

some nice looking skins u got there

<<<<<<<Waiting for you to produce one for my new site

selling car parts and it needs to be black background with a silver/white theme to it

I was going to do one that could be used for a book store. I did an id design as a mock project for a bookstore and was going to make a skin based off of it. I'll get to it sooner or later. I have two other skins, a spring and a summer one. I want to finish out all four seasons and have a seasons pack and then start working on some more. If anyone else wants to shoot out ideas, I'd be glad to hear 'em!

Jen