3.02 to 3.04 via CPANEL

Guest EverythingWeb

Hello tvnl,

If you have done an upgrade with CPANEL/Fantastico, NO it won't have kept any modifications that you made to software, however it will include the changes between 0.2 and 0.3.

You can of course check, by seeing what new features were launched in 3.0.3 and seeing if they're available with your 3.0.4 store.

Cheers.

Guest sunshine

Nice to hear Fantastico is pretty much up to date.

Tvnl are you asking if fantastico properly upgraded you from 3.00 to 3.04 by including also the changes in 3.03? I assume the upgrade there would be correct as this is a major panel used by many. anyways, if you have any problems, you can post right back here if you're search doesn't bring anything up. B)

My host must have just upgraded fantastico. There was an upgrade option. I ran it. Everything seems fine other than the many bugs that everyone is reporting.

The only bad thing is that the main welcome box was wiped out. Everthing else seems to be in order.

The cart code is in sorry shape however. It seem to have some GREAT features but the code needs a lot of work. Many bugs and inoperative features. It is coming together however and I know people are working very hard to get it working.

I am using version 2.something as my live cart. There are some bugs but it works.

Guest sunshine

Hi Tvnl,

3.03 to 3.04 were a few GET changes. 3.04 was a 'fast release' for fix. Brooky should be swamped in arrays right now as he's working on 3.5. :o

Not quite sure what you mean as the 'code is a mess'. Considering this format will be the future mainstream; as it stands now, there aren't too many carts out there willing to take it on without absorbing the knowledge of pioneer CSS/XML cart developers and carters. CC is still one of the top ones out there in this format.

I agree with you, CC3 has a bunch of features. Happiness for us :sourcerer: I think though as capable as Brooky is in adding more features (requested), I don't see him as compromising security for the sake of ease.