New to CubeCart

Guest bydiane

Guest bydiane

I am brand new to using a shopping cart for my website. Have loved working with Cubecart so far but have many questions I don't know where to turn to for the answers.

All of these questions may sound stupid but I don't know a thing about this and need all the help I can get.

1) Would like to have cube cart connected to my existing website. How do I do that? I downloaded cubecart directly thru my webhost account.

2) I have been adding products to cube cart and I see the images on the veiw products page but when I look at the store front they don't show up? How do I fix this?

3) How do I connect my merchant account with cubecart?

4) Is there an easy way to change the skins and templates thru my webhost? I don't actually have cubecart on my home system it is on my webhost server.

I'm sure I will have more questions but for now this is all I can think of.

I did manage to figure out how to edit the about us, contact us, policy and main store message. So all is not lost.

Thanks again for any help you can give. I want to make the best of a great program! From what I see so far it is the best one I have played with.

Diane

Guest Denver Dave

(1) I didn't install CC3 with Cpanel, we did an FTP, but some of our issues were the same. Initially, we installed in a /shop directory and placed links to the shop from our main website. After a while however, we installed at the document root level and have people come directly into the homepage of the cart. Either way is fine, depends on your circumstances.

(3) Connecting merchant accounts. I would like to know more about this also, but I think that your merchant account has to support one of the payment gateways. We started with the postal (print off an order and send in a check), will move to Paypal next and I have one client using Linkpoint, but not with the cart.

(4) Changing Skins

I made a copy of the sample skin and made changes using FTP and CuteFtp

Just a suggestion. Discussions tend to take on a life of their own sometimes, you might have better luck limiting each post to one topic. I know this is hard when you first start. Also have the title of the topic representative of the question - people who actually know the answers sometimes just skim the topic titles.

Good luck.

Guest bydiane

If your store is online please give us the web address

my web address is:

www.bydiane.com

I have a new homepage ready to upload but this is where it will be located.

Diane

Guest Denver Dave

Nice borders.

Looks like you might have a lot to say about quilts. I'd just provide a link on the left to /store (or name of your folder) to take people into the store.