Sale Mode: Percentage off all prices

kinetic

when you set a percentage off all prices of say 20% for all products

and a product has say a +$20 the routine doesnt take a discount off the up charge

which in essence it should especially if you advertise a 20% off sale

$10 base price

discounted 20% shows $8.00

user selects option 1 bigger size +$20

cart total is $28.00 whichis NOT an actual 20% off

but more like a 2%

because the percantage off all prices doesnt take into account product options that have an up charge for larger sizes

some would say just reduce the option charge by the required amount but when you have 1100 product and most of them have 2 or 3 or 4 product options with up charges this is NOT an option (pun intended)

Im sure some smart fellar here could figure a way that if you use the percantage off all products setting that it would do a check for an option value and discount that amount as well to give a proper percentage off in the cart total.

luckiliy my client has goober99's excellent coupon manager so we turned off sale prices and made a 20% coupon and advertised that on the front page of the site

saving countless hours of editing product option prices and countless orders from people who were mad at the 20% discount didnt apply to a product that they wanted in a larger size

Ok, this one is not too bad to fix. In /includes/content/cart.inc.php, replace this line:

$price = $price + ($optionsCost);

With this instead:

if($config['saleMode']==2) {

$price = $price + ($optionsCost  * ((100-$config['salePercentOff'])/100));

} else {

$price = $price + ($optionsCost);

}

You should have asked Steve, this took me more time to find the files than it did to come up with a solution. You really need to come up with better challenges. :o

• 1 year later...
Guest swifter_uk

I have a similar problem to this, I have one or two products I am adding a sale price to, using product options the discount is not reflected in the cart price, I was hopeful I had found the answer but the fix you mention above seems to related to a cart wide percentage only..

Surprised CC doesn't incorporate this to be honest. :)

Setting a sale price on an item is NOT the same as setting the entire store at a sale price. With per-item sales, you're setting a sale price, not defining a percentage discount. So there is no way to change the options as there is no percentage with which to modify them.

In your case, you'd either have to modify the options manually or allow the +$20 option to add $20 to the sale price.

....unless I'm not understanding what you're asking???

:)

Guest swifter_uk

I'll explain a little more. I am setting up a sales site for greyhound race videos, to encourage owners of retired greyhounds to buy videos we will offer a discount since they will not generate income otherwise. I am showing a discount of £1.00. No problem there, but since I added number of races they are purchasing into product options increasing the multiples of the original price it does not take into account the discount.

Link to site to see what I mean here

• 3 months later...
Guest woppitt

Hi I was hoping that this would fix my problem but does not seem too.

I also have put a sale on all the items within my shop, by making adjustments to the in store settings, I set the Sale Percent off box to "30%" and set the Sale Mode to "Percentage off all prices"

I am using CubeCart version 3.0.14

On each individual Item within the shop it shows the "Sale Price" in red as it should do, along side the original price in black, crossed out.

When I or a customer clicks to "Add to Basket", it shows the price in the "Shopping Basket" at the top of the page as the "Sale Price" but when I proceed to click on the "View Bakset" button to open my basket, the prices shown are the original prices before the sale, when I have completed the Checkout procedure the price remains unchanged and as such produces an invoice for the Original price and not the Sale price.

Does anyone have an answer to this, I would be grateful for any assistance.

I am using 2 mods within the store, they are:

1. Must Register/Login Mod by Goober,

2. Catagory Reorder Mod by SW Scripts.

Many thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...