Adding a new Block

I would like to add a new block on the left side of my screen (I am using the Killer template) so i can add some link to other stuff in it.

How would I make the block and where would I add the code for it?

Thanks in Advance

Guest rctoyguy

OK - I'm an idiot --- this looks great, but could someone give a more detailed explanation of how to do this?

maybe a step-by-step thing, and then how do you edit what's in this new box?

It was easy. Open the index.tpl file. This file can be found in the "styleTemplates" folder in the skin you are using and then select the "global" folder I used Dreamweaver to open mine.

From there you can insert that code into that file. I had to play around with the position at first to figure out the postion on the screen but got it in a couple tries.

Guest rctoyguy

Thanks - I have made pretty good progress.. .I haven't tried to create the new box yet- I was also looking for how to move the search box, and this led me to how to do that.

I couldn't find the styleTemplates folder when I posted - I didn't realize I needed to start looking under the skin in use... my bad.

http://www.big-daddyracing.com

whatcha think?