Layout feature

Guest grafixster

Guest grafixster

Hello,

I'm creating a store where I'm only selling music beats. I've just installed CubeCart and so far, I've gotten the download feature working and etc.

How do I make the hyperlinks work in category product list (and not the more info).

When a category is displayed, I'm only needing the products to be listed like so,

Product Name (a number)

Play Demo (link to the demo .mp3)

Add to cart.

What I did was create a hyperlink in the Description for 'Play Demo' area (after switching to code view) but the hyperlink is not active when products are displayed. 'Only' if you click on the default 'More' button.

This is the type of list I'm shooting

Product name / Description (just a play button linking to demo) / Add to cart / Buy now (if possible)

1023 Play Demo Add to Cart Buy Now

1045 Play Demo Add to Cart Buy Now

1034 Play Demo Add to Cart Buy Now

1738 Play Demo Add to Cart Buy Now

1438 Play Demo Add to Cart Buy Now

1243 Play Demo Add to Cart Buy Now

1057 Play Demo Add to Cart Buy Now

1148 Play Demo Add to Cart Buy Now

Thanks!

Guest vrakas

Try and make the hyperlink to the demo in a pop-up window, then the client stays on the same original page and can use the add to cart.

Thats all i could thing of. :whistle:

Guest grafixster

Right, I would have the demo popup in a new window, even have a little graphical media player 'but' I can't get the hyperlink to work when products are listed. It only uses the hyperlink after you click more.

Thanks for the replies though, I think we'll be able to figure it out. First one that does, please post :w00t:

Guest tbladecki

You would have to make the changes in the viewcat.php file in order to do that... not exactly sure how but that is the file that gives you the "tabled" view of the products.