Options, BUY error, and BUY button

Guest ssppaarree

Guest ssppaarree

Hello,

I am using 3.03

I am offering discounts on most items if the customer buys one particular item. From reading the messages on the forum, I don't think that it is yet possible to reduce the cost of items addded to the cart if the cart contains one particular item. Therefore, I have added price reducing options. The options are only visible on the full item page so the customer so *really* needs to view the full item description before adding the item to the cart.

I am getting the error

../includes/boxes/shoppingCart.inc.php on line 53

when the customer clicks "BUY" on the page with the multi-item listing.

If I can get rid of the "BUY" button and change the "MORE" wording to "VIEW" or "DISCOUNT" which takes them to the full item description and price reducing options.

I would appreciate it someone could confirm whether or not the in-cart price change is currently possible. If not, please tell me how to get rid of the "BUY" button.

Regards

It what you want possible? Yes, but not without some custom programming -- which would cost you some money obviously.

Removing the "Buy" button from the viewCat listing would not be difficult. Look in /skins/[yourskin]/styleTemplates/content/viewCat.tpl. You can remove it there.

One more thing, for us to help you with your error, you actually have to post your error message. */*

Good luck with it. I think you'll find our little community very helpful overall. :whistle:

Guest ssppaarree

Oh, sorry. :(

This is the error message

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /...../..../.../../language/dk/config.inc.php:7) in /...../..../.../../includes/boxes/shoppingCart.inc.php on line 53

The "dk" is Danish isn't it? If so, I haven't touched that file.

The error doesn't much matter now. Nevertheless, I am curious as to what was going on.

Thank you for telling me where to find the button! I deleted it and changed the wording of the "MORE" button to "BUY". Problem solved on this site.

As for reducing the price of items added to a cart containing a particular item, I'll wait until the site earns enough money to buy a mod or it is added to another CC version.

Guest tbladecki

This is a very common error..... basically you are trying to send somthing to the screen before you should be.

Check for a missing closing bracket, or extra one, also look at extra spaces etc. The probelm apprears to be in your lang file.

I have found that if you are using a text editor like notepad, to edit the langage files, this has created the same problems for me, if you have not done to much "modding" to the file you can replace just this file form the original zip package and it should be fine. MAKE SURE TO BU FIRST!!!!!

PS stop using notepad to edit files (IMHO) it creates problems that take hours, to find... I know this from expreiacne, must use it without any issues but i have not had any luck with it I personally use PHPDesigner and love it.

the dk lang config file is fooked THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH ALL DK languange config files the problem only shows on products that have product options and you try to click the buy button from the short list

it has 3 extra lines below the last line in it and loves to send the headers already sent error

open language/dk/config.inc.php and get rid of the last 3 empty lines

and your BUY buttons on products that have product options will work like a champ.

again all versions of the DK language config file are fooked and even if not using it it will cause a problem on the buy button for any product that has product options and that buy button is clicked from the product list with short descriptions.