Adding Commas

Guest bigfoot6155

Guest tbladecki

First and formost THANK YOU for putting the version in the title of the questions saves a lot of time tring to figure out which product you are using.

But I need a little more info.... where is it that you are trying to put the "," in the price on the product view, the order form,????

Well, that's a good question . . . I think the answer is no, because I tried entering $2,500.00 and the software treated the comma as a zero, and put the price at $2.50

If you put in a price of, say, $1000.00 it must be without a comma, and when the price is displayed in the store, it is displayed without a comma.

That has been my experience, anyway.

If what you want is to have a price like this: $1,234,567.89 then yes, it's easily done. You can check it out here: http://www.swscripts.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3

I did that my editing two lines in the /includes/functions.php file. In the priceFormat function, replace these two sections:

sprintf("%.".$currencyVars[0]['decimalPlaces']."f",$price)

sprintf("%.".$currencyVars[0]['decimalPlaces']."f",0.00)

With this code:

number_format($price,$currencyVars[0]['decimalPlaces'],'.',',')

number_format(0.00,$currencyVars[0]['decimalPlaces'],'.',',')

That's it. Plus, if you wanted to use european notation which swaps the comma and period, then simply swap their positions in the number_format function call.

Note that those two code fragments are in the long return lines in that function. I tried to copy/paste them here, but the stupid auto line breaks broke it. If you'd like, I've included a link to the modified file you can download and simply upload to your /includes directory (you will have to unzip it first). :)

Updated Functions File :dizzy:

Guest bigfoot6155

Thank you for the code but now when i added the new page, i get this error:

MySQL Error Occured

1146: Table 'rsjo_ccrt1.CubeCart_cats_lang' doesn't exist

QUERY = SELECT cat_master_id as cat_id, cat_name FROM CubeCart_cats_lang WHERE cat_lang = 'en'