Forum Sections #2

Guest Denver Dave

Guest Denver Dave

hate to be a "damp rag" but dang - Brooky is busy working at the code and providing support

Sorry I have far too much on to even consider this right now.

In my opinion more forums = more moderation and admin hastles.

The undelying problem is that people post whatever they want where they want without searching or looking for the right forums first.

Somehow, I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling. How better to provide efficient support than with users and volunteers providing information in targeted forum sections?

Here is a link to the closed previous discussion thread about forum sections:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=11445

Without the CubeCart forum, I would not even consider attempting to run CubeCart.

Well, you quoted me in the first instance, so I'll respond here, too :(

I think splitting the forums from time-to-time becomes necessary, but this movement to pester Brooky into fracturing it to pieces is prolly doomed to fail.

I still think that the best answer is for the literary types among us to begin doing some documentation and place it for download for others. The downloads area is split into more sections than the forum. If tutorials are present, point the folk with problems over to the tutorials.

I'm not just making meaningless suggestions here, I am actually practicing my own advice. I've uploaded three tutorials to the "Tutorials and Documentation" section within the past ten days, and will be providing many more in the days ahead.

I'm not knocking your opinion, or that of the thirty or so others who want to splinter the forums. I just happen to have a differing opinion, which is in line with Brooky's as quoted above.

Some day there will be an official CC documentation; in the meantime, I plan to help fill in the gap :)

The best improvement could be made by all those posting to the forums. Simply add V2 or V3 at the fromt of the title of all posts. Then when doing a 'View New Posts' they'll stand out. That way Brooky can get round to sorting the forums when he gets some free time.

Guest Denver Dave

It is hard to organize a mob. I would like to take the opportunity to say that I really appreciate having the forums and my suggestions were intended to contribute back, help make the forum even better and I'm certainly willing to continue helping. Whenever I see a question where I may have helpful information, I'm sure to post.

The forums are very popular and it is amazing how fast items spin by.

The undelying problem is that people post whatever they want where they want without searching or looking for the right forums first.

I promise to have a rethink when I have lesser priorities. 

I think this was clear enough and acceptable. :)

@rubdub

The best improvement could be made by all those posting to the forums. Simply add V2 or V3 at the fromt of the title of all posts.

There has been a new post and pinned in Hacks and Mods that indicates that this should be done.Lets hope posters will do this.

@markscarts

I've uploaded three tutorials to the "Tutorials and Documentation" section within the past ten days, and will be providing many more in the days ahead.

You have done an excelent job with that and with the designing, it was sometning needed and you gave it to us .... for free, personally i thank you ;)

@Denver Dave

Without the CubeCart forum, I would not even consider attempting to run CubeCart.

Neither would i :) I got more help from all you guys on minor problems with a great headache simply by posting in the forum. :)

Bottom line is Search and since this subject has been covered i think we should leave it alone for the time and if needed in a later time bring it up again. :(