skin Image

Guest archonis

Guest archonis

Ok i got thw whole editing and micro thing down but what i dont understand is the images. What file do i open to place them in the layout.

EX> on the killer skin at the catagory spot in index.tpl under the content folder i dont see the images that make up the blue bar.

I think i confused myself on that one. lol

I understand placing the box's but not the images.

any luck?

thanks

james

Guest archonis

ok thatwas a stupid thing to ask. its in layout.css.

I just dont understand how you can look at it and get the placement right ect.

how do you do this?

make the image in paint shop pro then chop it up?

any help?

thanks.

ps.

the micros can be changed in the database right?

Hi,

I find it very difficult to understand your question(s).

If you want to study how the images work, look at the page, look at layout.css, and look at the images themselves.

<your_store>/skins/<your_skin>/styleImages/

<your_store>/skins/<your_skin>/styleImages/icons/

<your_store>/skins/<your_skin>/styleImages/backgrounds

Open the images in Paint Shop Pro or any other image editor you should choose, and study the size, shape and color. Look at where the images are called in the stylesheets and what's being done with them on the page.

TIP: Don't make changes to any of your stock skins!

Make a copy of the skin folder of your choice, say, on the desktop of your PC. Then, rename the skin folder to "MySkin" or whatever. Upload "MySkin" to the directory <your_store>/skins/, then you will be able to choose "MySkin" in the ACP dropdown for choice of skins. Make all your changes to "MySkin" and leave the stock skins alone, so you'll have original, non-corrupted files to go back to if necessary!

Having written all that, what you need to do is look at the images, look at the stylesheets, look at the page, and decide what you wish to do. Change images, styles, etc. in your "MySkin" and check out the effects on your store. :mellow:

Guest archonis

I think its that im use to seeing the image on the page in dreamweaver and editing the template i dont see the images so im not understanding how they are placed and placed at that spot.

thanks

James, what images are you trying to replace? or move?

Do you have a clear idea of what effect you're seeking, or are you just experimenting and trying to learn?

Here is a killer-based skin I'm developing now, mostly just by changing around some background images at this point:

http://allservico.com/skinTest/

As I wrote earlier, I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, and I'm not clear on what you are trying to do.

I don't use WYSIWIG programs, so I can't help you there.