PayPal

Guest toosweets

Guest toosweets

Used the ipn Checklist and did a live test and order went thru on paypal. but when i returned to the store it failed. I have read something about this but for the life of me, i can't find it....

That IPN checklist was written with 3.0.2 through 3.0.4 in mind - which was written in bold in the description for the tutorial. I have now also placed a warning in red . . . The patches referred to are not needed in 3.0.5 so the first section of the checklist, installing patches, does not apply to 3.0.5.

As far as I know, the second two sections of the checklist, "At the PayPalâ„¢ Site" and "In Your Store ACP (Admin Control Panel)" are still applicable.

If anyone's experience suggests that something else needs to be added to the checklist, please PM me. I will be updating the file soon to apply to the newest release as well as the older ones.

It is of note that you do not need PayPal Pro, and you do not need to enable the other two PayPal gateways to use IPN! All the settings are in the first PayPal gateway listed in your ACP - the one called PayPal Standard & IPN

Guest toosweets

I used your check list and it got it working, it registers in paypal and in the admin section. Just when the customer hits back to the store he we be shown an order failed message. but everything works besides that.