CSS help needed - scrollbar color

Guest qkamikazeq

Guest qkamikazeq

I added scrollbar css code like below to layout.css, but it does nothing. Can anyone help me please?

body {

overflow-x: hidden;

scrollbar-base-color: #CCCCD3;

scrollbar-track-color: #CCCCD3;

scrollbar-face-color: #CCCCD3;

scrollbar-highlight-color: #FFFFFF;

scrollbar-3dlight-color: #AAAAB4;

scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #AAAAB4;

scrollbar-shadow-color: #AAAAB4;

scrollbar-arrow-color: #FFFFFF;

margin: 0px;

background-color: #99ccff;

}

It does work perfectly on my other web site that does not use cubecart. What am I doing wrong?

I noticed this when trying to apply scrollbar colors to match a skin - I could not make it work. I didn't care enough to track it down, but I figure that either IE no longer parses it (I'm using v6 sp2), or DOC tag version(s) used by CC cause the browsers to ignore it.

I know that the only browsers that formerly recognized it were IE 5.5 and Konqueror.

According to W3C,

Some browsers (IE, Konqueror) have recently started supporting the non-standard properties 'scrollbar-shadow-color', 'scrollbar-track-color' and others. These properties are illegal: they are neither defined in any CSS specification nor are they marked as proprietary (by prefixing them with "-vendor-").

That is probably why it doesn't work in CubeCartâ„¢ stylesheets :)

That is probably why it doesn't work in CubeCartâ„¢ stylesheets  :)

This is BROWSER mode settings dependet B). Code below is responsible that colored scrollbar doesnt show in IE :

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Apply scroll-bar styles and remove code above temorary */*.

Finally, thats true - scrollbar is non-standard style property.

This is BROWSER mode settings dependet ;). Code below is responsible that colored scrollbar doesnt shows in IE :

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

;)

That is EXACTLY what I meant when I wrote:

. .  . or DOC tag version(s) used by CC cause the browsers to ignore it.

Sorry I wasn't clearer; as mentioned I didn't even try to track down the issue - not worth it, as the code is "illegal" and not cross-browser effective anyway :)

Guest qkamikazeq

Thank you all for the reply. Do you know if the following code is non-standard as well? It seems not working.

body {

overflow-x: hidden;

}

What I'm trying to do is to add an advertisement on right side of the main contents. If the user uses smaller monitor or browser window, the ad simply does not show up instead of having horizontal scroll bar.