Download Problems

When someone purchases a digital product, from admin I set it to processing, and then click to send an email with a link; the customer gets the email with the link like they are supposed to but when they click the link, it either gives them an error or it tells them that the download link has expired. But, if they log into the cart, go to view their order, and then click the download link from the order page it downloads just fine.

On the product pages in admin I have the download links set at

/home/myusername/filename

So I am using the beginning slash like I think I'm supposed to and I've checked all of my products to make sure they have the beginning slash. For the time being, I'm having to send customers their files by email, but I just enabled PayPal IPN (yes with the fixes, thank you Sir William) and would like it to work all automatically with out me having to be chained to my computer. :rolly:

Any ideas?

Jen

Hi Jen,

Of the orders in my store this has happened only twice.

In both instances, the customer's email client put line breaks in the download URL, rendering it useless.

The download URL created actually doesn't look like /home/user/downloads/file.zip (although that is indeed the pathway I use), rather, it is a very long, encoded URL like this:

http://cc3.biz/download.php?pid=7&oid=MDUx...jEw&ak=yJp302ks

Line breaks in the latter part of the URL will break the URL, and the customer will get an "invalid or expired" message :D

Of course, I've changed some digits on the link above so as not to cheat a customer out of her 3 full downloads. If you click it, you'll get the error message B)