Category Images on Homepage

How can I make it so that the Categories and there thumbnails are displayed on the homepage?

On v2 it was pretty simple and was automatic, but i cant find the option anywhere in v3?

tis ok , worked it out, just a bit of html - doh!

@bikeman

maybe you would like to post how you did it so others can do the same if they wish to :blink:

Guest bikeman

The home page (like every page) can be edited with the built in text editor. I just used that to drag in a few images and added a few links etc to get the home page looking like I wanted.

It's not dynamic but it does the job of displaying the topline categories.

• 2 months later...

tis ok , worked it out, just a bit of html - doh!

@bikeman

maybe you would like to post how you did it so others can do the same if they wish to :rolly:

bikeman,

Hi.

I have someone who wants their cart set up with the category images showing in a box on the left. I was hoping to find out the easiest way to modify so that I could accomplish this. The tabs would stay on the top.

Thanks.

valmg

thats the one ;) that particular mod is also on http://cubecart.org download area... ;)

markscarts, evilhomer and aikdo - thanks for the replies.

The directions on the mod were excellent.

Now how can I do that in a left box. This woman the cart is for doesn't want them in the center, she wants them fixed on the left.

Thanks.

This is a pretty simple one to figure out if you have the time to go through the files and know a little css html xml etc. - BUT jbdancer has a ready-made mod for this. Look at the who's who pinned posts in the shameless promotions forum to find jbdancer's website ;)

Hi jbdancer. Thanks for the reply.

Bangs head on desk. I'm sorry. I really am trying to find things myself and not having a lot of luck. I looked in the shameless promotions forum and found the pinned thread on who has what mods for cc3 but didn't see anything there. roban's post in the same thread mentions an add a box file but I couldn't find it in the downloads.

The mod you need is here. :)

Hi evilhomer. Thanks for the reply.

I have aikdo's mod. I thought I was looking for the add box mod.

Aikdo's mod will work if I can get it into the categories box in the left column.

Thanks.

valmg

@valmg : i can make the few adjustments for you to have them in a side box instead if you want just PM me with full details and ill make the alterations...

@aris1234 : Download the package unzip all the files into a folder then read the instructions that are included it gives you step by step on how to install the mod...

@valmg : i can make the few adjustments for you to have them in a side box instead if you want just PM me with full details and ill make the alterations...

aikdo

pm sent

thanks

valmg