which file to edit?

Guest jodi

I'd like to add a linked image to my search results page - anyone know what file to edit and where to edit it? I've been looking and I can't find it....

Thanks!

Guest sunshine

Hi,

If your'e referring to any of the CC3version carts, everything is handles within your skins folder. Whatever one your using, input the reference into your layout file and save the image to to the images folder within the specific skin name. It's easier if you just save your image as the same as the 'Original' one.

Your question is not clear . . .

For instance, if I search on my site for "fashion" I get a page of search results showing a number of products, each having an image linked to the "view product" page.

If you are not getting images with links, something is wrong with your files, this is a stock, default display for CC3 :whistle:

If you mean something else, then you should be more specific, as in "What kind of image?" "What is the image to link to?" "Where on the page do you want it to display?"

Without this kind of info, not even Superman can help you :)

I want to put my own html on that page....regardless of what is searched for. I want the image to be part of the template...the layout, for when somebody does a search. Kind of like a banner ad. I just want it displayed everytime...

The page is index.php - but I'm having hard time figuring out where I would need to add this html..

I gather it would be a file in Classic/styleTemplates/ ...but from there I'm rather lost as to where I would need to put it.

Sorry I was a little vague, hope its clearer now...

Thats it! Thank you so much! I would never have known by the name of that file to check it out...

I added my code to the very bottom of that template file and it did the trick :whistle:

In viewCat.inc.php the product table is built according to the query returns on the search string. So, there is no individual template for search returns. To code HTML into the template, viewCat.tpl, you would need to use a qualifier to indicate that it is to display only when a search string from searchForm is returning the product table.

That is about all the help I can give, though, as I am new to php and do not know protocol and syntax for accomplishing this :)

Maybe one of our php proggers will respond to this . . . maybe even better though if you post a new thread in the request a mod section, and be specific about what you want the mod to do :whistle:

Thats it! Thank you so much! I would never have known by the name of that file to check it out...

I added my code to the very bottom of that template file and it did the trick :)

Hmmm . . . I think it will also display the graphic then when you view categories, right? I did not realize that was what you were after, I thought you only wanted it displayed for the search returns through searchForm.

Again, if you are more specific you would get help sooner . . . and disregard my last post :whistle:

Got a little ahead of myself....it did add it to the search results page like I wanted, but I didn't realize at first that it added it to the category pages as well.

I'll go read your previous reply I previously disregarded :whistle:

Ah well.... no biggie. The reason I was trying to do it was my site is involved in an internet scavenger hunt type contest - we hide an image somewhere on our site and people hunt for it. I was trying to get all creative :whistle: I'll find a simpler way to accomplish it :) Thanks for your time!