Forum & blog integration

Guest m00n1

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone had any experience integrating CC with a forum, so that they have a shared membership. I would like a forum on my site, but don't want users to have to register twice. Had anyone done this? Any modules out there?

Also, simiarly, I'm wanting the text section of the homepage to be a blog. Has anyone had any experience integrating a blog (preferably a 3rd party one such as wordpress, but would conisder any options) into CC?

Cheers,

Mark

Guest estelle

Hi Mark,

As far as I know, no one has integrated the logins for CC and a forum. I'm sure it could be done, but I don't expect it would be easy. You're welcome to put a request in the Request A Mod forum. It certainly would be a nice mod.

What forum are you thinking of using?

Also as far as I know no one has integrated a blog into the content part of the homepage. But you know it might not be too hard, because perhaps you could just modify the textpattern templates to cut out all the <html><head> stuff, and rename the textpattern index.php to something else..... and then modify includes/content/index.inc.php and styleTemplates/content/index.tpl to include it..... maybe....

Estelle.

I'm not that fussed about which forum. I guess vbulletin or phpbb would be nice, but beggars can't be choosers :w00t: My requirements for a forum aren't that demanding so I'll take what I can get.

Thanks for your input!

Hi,

I did an integration between CC v3 and PHP-NUKE v7. It's not really a mod, it's more of a hack, but it works. In PHP-NUKE the registration process sends an email to the user with a confirmation code. Once the user clicks on the confirmation link they are registered in both, PHP-NUKE and cubecart. The user can then use their PHP-NUKE nickname and password, not email, to login into cubecart. Logging into PHP-NUKE does NOT log them into cubecart, sorry.

Thanks

/Goober

Guest estelle

Hey Alex :rolleyes:

So did you keep the two customer tables separate, and just update them both with new users and changed passwords etc?

By the way i like your Killer skin mod to allow two rows for the categories... nice one :wacko:

Estelle.

Hey Alex ;)

So did you keep the two customer tables separate, and just update them both with new users and changed passwords etc?

By the way i like your Killer skin mod to allow two rows for the categories... nice one :D

Estelle.

Hi Estelle,

:wacko: Thanks for the compliment :)

I am using single table. The one from PHP-NUKE. CC login logic is using nuke table to get the password.

Thanks.

/Goober :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest fastandlight

Hey guys,

I realise this conversation's a little old, but I didn't know what cubecart was in November (I don't think...)

Anyway, here's a thing. My site looked pretty damn sterile until I applied a few of Goober's mods but I really feel like there's still something missing.

That something is the integrated forum or blog you guys have been talking about. I've downloaded PHPbb and use Wordpress for my blog, but the code involved in integrating them with my cubecart site is beyond my skill.

My loose understanding of the the way things work makes me pretty certain it's possible, by having a "forum" tab (killer skin) similar to the "homepage" one. I'm just not sure how to get the new page to throw away all the cubecart banter and inject the blog or forum.

What d'you guys think? Am I wasting my time here and should put this in "request a mod" and go meditate have a nice (and exceptionally long) cup of tea?

Cheers,

Craig.

Guest hobsdv

i have a phpbb forum at my site just installed it and with the help of a little mod can now register my customers on the forum so they don`t have to go through the regisration process

i have a phpbb forum at my site just installed it and with the help of a little mod can now register my customers on the forum so they don`t have to go through the regisration process

Sorry but does this mean that the customer/user can register in CC, thus enabling him to both log onto CC and the forum with the same login details? ;)

Guest hobsdv

Sorry but does this mean that the customer/user can register in CC, thus enabling him to both log onto CC and the forum with the same login details? ;)

You can regester your customer on your forum using the login details they used for your store.Once you have installed the mod you just goto forum admin and sect regester user

Guest fastandlight

That's cool, but not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about having the forum as actual content on the cubecart website.

For example, if one was using the Killer skin on V3, they's have the following tabs:

Homepage Category1 Category2 Category3 Sale Items Forum

That kind of thing.

adding a link is easy and so is intergrating a BASIC blog, intergrating a forum such as phpBB would be very hard but slightly possible, but i think your best bet is to intergrate a basic blog...

Guest fastandlight

You can regester your customer on your forum using the login details they used for your store.Once you have installed the mod you just goto forum admin and sect regester user

Hey there.

Sorry to come back to this subject, but where dod you get that mod from?

• 1 month later...

Here's an easy way to make this happen, which I did on my site.

I setup a Blogger account, using the Simple II template on the blog. I setup the blog to be posted to a /news directory, along with a monthly archive to help make sure the blog doesn't get overfilled. I then simply setup a 380px by 300px iframe in the homepage. Now whenever I update the blog it is automatically on the homepage.

Want that on another page, make another document and do the same thing, only make it the size of the whole page.

Need some help on this? Let me know.

- Joe Ryder

http://www.myizm.com/

http://www.joeryder.com/

• 6 months later...
Guest malcolmord

Interesting thread which cover some of my questions.

I would like to integrate a vbulletin forum with my shop. I'm not bothered about members having to signup twice, just that the forum looks part of the shop

Has anyone done this yet, any examples?

Mal

• 1 year later...

Interesting thread which cover some of my questions.

I would like to integrate a vbulletin forum with my shop. I'm not bothered about members having to signup twice, just that the forum looks part of the shop

Has anyone done this yet, any examples?

Mal

I have vbulletin on my site with cube cart. They are not sharing users but integrated together. You can see it at http://www.mpskinz.com

• 4 weeks later...

we just created a Wordpress Import mod that actually works off of integrating a wordpress database connection and allowing you to display up to 3 of your wordpress categorys on the front page of your site.... it display a secteable number of posts up to their read more point from your selected categories id's all is configurable from a panel in the 3rdparty area .. Super Easy Install .. only upload 3 files and modify 2 files install take sales than 5 minutes (assuming you have already deployed wordpress on your site) .. I should have this mod packaged and ready to go on CC3.biz this week!

wordpress.jpg

you can see it in action at http://www.nofungusamongus.com see the posts on the front page that is happening via our new Wordpress Import Mod for CC4

this basically gives you 3 template tags {BLOG1}, {BLOG2} and {BLOG3} that you can integratie into global/index.tpl global/home.tpl or content/index.tpl

Edited by energy0m

• 8 months later...