Latest Products

Guest speak2stv

Guest speak2stv

I'm green; I admit it!

I would like to change the font of "Latest Products" at the bottom of the homepage, as well as the font of the items listed.

Any idea where the directory/file is??? I've literally spent hours looking... :rolly:

Thanks in advance!

-speak2stv

In style.css FIND:

.txtContentTitle {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 110%;

font-weight: bold;

font-style: italic;

color: #FF3300;

}

Here the font is defined for Latest Products title, and all similar titles through out site. You can change everything here.

If you want to change the font of only Latest Prod title, not all other titles, then you need to use inline styles, or create a new class in stylesheet and change class in templates.

Cheers,

Mark

Guest speak2stv

Thanks, Mark!!! It worked like a champ.

That brings up a few more questions... :rolly:

* if ".txtContentTitle" is "Latest Products", what is the label for the product name below "Latest Products?" I'd like to change this font too (label is in the same file I presume?).

* What directory/file is the data under "Latest Products" coming from? Meaning, where is it placed on the homepage?

* Is there a mod that you know of for selecting what we want displayed in "Latest Products?" (via the admin page)

Thanks again!!!

-speak2stv

Main homepage template: styleTemplates/global/index.tpl

All center column content called in that file with variable {CONTENT}

Look in styleTemplates/content/index.tpl to see where "Latest Products" information is coded in. In this template, you could change styles to actual Latest Prod info rather than changing globally - either with inline css or by naming a new class or two and defining in stylesheet.

Look in your_server/shop_main_directory/includes/content/index.inc.php to find the PHP code behind Latest Prods. This can be useful even if, like me, you do not know PHP . . . As an example, you could change the path specified for Latest Prod images, so that the images come from uploads folder instead of uploads/thumbs, then you can set larger sizes for Latest Prod images in stylesheet. Not that you'd necessarily want to do that, but it is an example how even someone who does not know PHP can find things to tinker with without screwing up the works, if he knows a little css and xml coding.

As to sepcifying LatProds, yes there are mods available. I cannot point you to them, look in mods and hacks section, or perform search for cc3 mods . . .

HTH

Mark