problem with style.css

Guest nikography

Guest nikography

i just made a few basic changes to the style.css for classic skin, under the styles folder, i reuploaded it but there are no changes to the site. for instance, i changed all of the fonts to arial as default, and the site is still displaying verdana.

any ideas?

is this a permissions problem?

Guest nikography

yeah i've been trying refresh, and i just cleared my cache, still no effects. is there something i'm overlooking that ought to be enabled?? it's the style sheet under admin folder > styles folder

Guest sunshine

Do you have font specified in layout.css? I think layout supersedes styles, therefore if you've specified font characteristics within layout, it will override your styles.css ;)

i just made a few basic changes to the style.css for classic skin, under the styles folder, i reuploaded it but there are no changes to the site. for instance, i changed all of the fonts to arial as default, and the site is still displaying verdana

and

yeah i've been trying refresh, and i just cleared my cache, still no effects. is there something i'm overlooking that ought to be enabled?? it's the style sheet under admin folder > styles folder

Are you expecting changes in the appearance of your store, or of your ACP? If the store, you need to make changes to the stylesheets in your skin. Admin folder stylesheets will only affect the appearance of the ACP.

To edit the styles in your store, go to:

skins/YourSkin/styleSheets