Failed Order

Guest suek751

Guest suek751

I know this topic was addressed in the bugs post - that orders fail if a customer doesn't enter a State. I wanted to know how to change the language the customer sees when the order fails so they have some idea that it could be that they need to enter a State, and that it is not a problem with the cart/credit card info.

I made changes in lang.inc.php - for example, 'forgot_pass' => "Forgot your password?", I would just change the words in the " " and leave the rest. Then I re-upload the changed php doc. I don't see the changes though in the live cart. I am not sure what I am doing wrong and why I can't see changes.

I am very new to this so I apologize in advance if this is a very obvious question or has been answered before. Thanks for the help!

Guest ColeFlournoy

Yeap, to be safe just close the browser and open a new one. Also just make sure you changed the correct lang file that you are using (specified in the admin panel)

Guest suek751

I think I was having problems uploading the changed document. I had to save the changed document to my desktop first. I opened the doc using smartftp, made changes. Then saved the document onto my desktop and moved it into my dreamweaver folder to overwrite the existing one. Then uploaded it. It is probably because I am not very familiar with how to use smartftp, but this system worked for me...