[Major] SEO mod v4.3 for Cubecart 3.0.6

Guest rukiman

Guest rukiman

File Name :: SEO mod v4.3 for Cubecart 3.0.6

Author :: Joseph Rukshan Fonseka

Category :: Major

CubeCart Version ::

Description

Search engine friendly URLs with PHP session killer and Meta tags Mod for CubeCart 3

Version 4.3

Author: Joseph Rukshan Fonseka

Email: [email protected]

Mod website: http://www.intimatewear.com.au/cc3_mods/

This is a mod for cubecart 3.0.6 and newer

BACK UP!!!! BACK UP!!!!

License

---------------------------------------------------------

You may use this mod on your cube cart without purchasing a license if you leave the search engine friendly link on the footer intact. Removing the link will violate the license. If you wish for the link to be removed you must purchase a license. The license purchased is for cube cart(s) running on a SINGLE domain name.

NOTE!! This license for the mod is in NO WAY affliated with cube cart or Devellion Ltd at all!!!

I suggest you download the mod and install it and only if you are happy with the results and wish to remove the search engine friendly link at the footer then consider purchasing a license for the mod!

To obtain a license go to

http://www.intimatewear.com.au/cc3_mods/

Purchase the mod then contact me on my email and provide me with the domain name of your live server and I will send you a licensed copy without the link in the footer.

NOTE!! Please install the mod first to make sure it is working and you are happy with it BEFORE you decide to buy a license. Licenses are NON refundable!!!

NOTE!! If you have previously bought a license and upgraded to a later version of the mod, you must get it reissued DO NOT reuse your old licensed file it will be buggy!! Please visit the above website to get it reissued.

Requirements

Your cube cart must be running on Apache (Windows or Linux)

Your apache server will need to support either the RewriteRule OR directory 'look backs'. Most servers should support either one, however there are a minority of servers that do not support neither, so test the mod on your server.

Features

* URLS in cube cart are easy for humans to read

* URLS in cube cart are easy for search engine to spider

* PHP sessions are killed if the user agent is identified as a search engine

* Large list of known spiders. Taken from the OsCommerce project

* Boxes such as shopping cart and sessions are hidden if the user agent is identified as a search engine

These links have redir parameters tagged to the URLs which can exhaust a spider because of the infinite

amount of links its creates.

As of version 2.0

* Product and category names appear within the URL

* Will strip dangerous characters from the product/category when generating the url

* Does not require the RewriteRule for this mod to work

* Cube cart can be in a folder other than the root directory, no special mods required for this.

As of version 3.0

* Fixed bug with currency and language dropdown boxes

* Fixed bug with search

* Fixed bug with print form

* Fixed bug with more images

* Fixed other miscellaneous bugs

* Added admin on/off search engine friendly url switch

* Displays category names within the title bar just like the products.

As of version 3.1

* Fixed bug where if a product had options, the buy button from within a category jumped to the homepage

* Added switch to admin so user can now specify whether their server supports .htaccess files and the ForceType keyword.

* Merged up mod to cube cart 3.0.2 files.

As of version 3.2

* Fixed minor bug but huge impact. Paypal gateway wasn't working. AND possibly other gateways!

As of version 4.0

* accented latin characters are now normalized within the url.

* meta titles, descriptions and keywords can be customized for each sitedoc, product and category

* product names and category structures now appear within the page titles

* much better server support with the reintroduction of the RewriteRule rule

* Fixed numerous other minor bugs

As of version 4.1

* Page titles are displayed in the current language selected by the user, for search engines it will always be the default language.

* Merged up mod to cube cart 3.0.3 files.

As of version 4.2

* Fixed buy button bug, now only hypher links will be made search engine friendly

* Added feature to select between "cat->sub cat->prod name" AND "prod name->sub cat->cat" in page titles

* Added feature to override global meta tags with the sef meta tags if they are not empty

* Added robots.txt

* Updated spider.txt, now contains a huge list of major/minor/regional search engines.

* Merged up mod to cube cart 3.0.5 files.

As of version 4.3

* Merged up mod to cube cart 3.0.6 files.

Instructions

* Back up your cube cart before doing anything!

* If you have a fresh install of cube cart version 3.0.6 then

simply overwrite the files in your cube cart with the files in the zip file. NOTE! Make sure your cube cart is installed correctly and working before you apply this mod!

* If you have made ANY mods to your cube cart or your cube cart is NOT version 3.0.6 then I suggest you use WinMerge and

merge the search engine mods to your cube cart files. All changes are clearly marked

with a comment to make it easy to identify what to merge. PLEASE NOTE!! If you have previously

installed an older version of this MOD, then I suggest you undo all changes before applying this MOD.

Easiest way is to do a diff between your cubecart and the original version of your cubecart and

revert back all search engine friendly mods. If you do not know how to use winmerge or merge software DO NOT even attempt to

install this on your modded cubecart. Get someone to do it for you! I cannot provide any support if you decide to install the mod yourself.

* After moding your cube cart. Go to Store config -> General Settings in your admin panel. Scroll down and select YES for 'use search engine friendly URL' and click on the 'update settings' button. This will enable the server configuration setting in the admin panel.

* Now you must select a server configuration to use from the admin panel. I suggest trying them in the order of:

1) Apache RewriteRule supported

2) Apache directory 'lookback' and ForceType supported

3) Apache directory 'lookback' supported only

Select a server configuration and click on the 'update settings' button. Now go to your store and browse through it, if you can view your products then the server configuration you selected is valid for your server. If you have gone through the whole list and still cannot browse through your store then try following steps.

1) Select 'Apache RewriteRule supported' then edit the ORGINAL .htaccess file in the root directory OF YOUR SHOP and delete everything inbetween '# 1)' and '# end 1)'. Now try browsing your store.

2) If that did not work then select 'Apache directory 'lookback' and ForceType supported' then edit the ORGINAL .htaccess file in the root directory OF YOUR SHOP and delete everything inbetween '# 2)' and '# end 2)'. Now try browsing your store.

3) If that did not work then select 'Apache directory 'lookback' supported only' then delete the .htaccess file in the root directory OF YOUR SHOP. If your server allows .htaccess files then you don't need to delete it instead edit the file and delete everything inbetween '# <rf> search engine friendly mod' and '# <rf> end mod'

In none of these works, then unfortunately you cannot use search engine friendly urls on your store. So please select NO to 'use search engine friendly URL'. You can contact your webhost admin and check with them if you can use the RewriteRule OR AcceptPathInfo (turns on Apache's directory 'lookback' feature). You do not need to turn on search engine friendly URLs to use the sef meta tags however.

* If you have search engine friendly urls working then download Xenu Link from http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html, use this to check your cube cart. Point to the

homepage. There should be a finite amount of pages crawled and hopefully no URLs with

question marks in them. If you get a finite amount of pages and all links are Ok, congratulations

your cube cart is search engine friendly!

* If you wish to use the sef meta tags then click on the install link in the admin panel to extend your database tables. Then you can select 'Combine with global meta tags' to use the feature.

Behaviour of sef meta tags can be:

Disable feature -> don't use sef meta tags

Combine with global meta tags -> sef meta tags will inserted in front of the global meta tags

Override global meta tags -> if the sef meta tags are not empty they will be used in place of the global meta tags

Problems

---------------------------------------------------------------

1) If you can't get this mod working on your shop. I suggest to install a test cart that is a clean

fresh install of cube cart 3.0.6 then apply this mod. If that works perphaps the merge to your cube cart might not

have been 100% correct.

2) If you notice something odd/bug about your cube cart's behaviour. Turn off search engine friendly URLs from the admin panel

and try again. If it happens still it will most likely be a cube cart bug.

3) If you think it is a genuine search engine friendly mod bug, please test it on my test cart http://www.intimatewear.com.au/testcart if it happens there too, email me the details of the bug.

Disclaimer

BACK UP your cube cart files and database and try the mod first on a non active cube cart. I am

not responsible for any loss of data or any thing else for that matter. It is

your choice to add this mod to your cube cart and you do so at your own risk.

View File

Guest rukiman

File Name :: SEO mod v4.3 for Cubecart 3.0.6

Author :: Joseph Rukshan Fonseka

Category :: Major

CubeCart Version :: 3.0.6

Description ::

Search engine friendly URLs with PHP session killer and Meta tags Mod for CubeCart 3

Version 4.3

Author: Joseph Rukshan Fonseka

Email: [email protected]

Mod website: http://www.intimatewear.com.au/cc3_mods/

This is a mod for cubecart 3.0.6 and newer

BACK UP!!!! BACK UP!!!!

License

You may use this mod on your cube cart without purchasing a license if you leave the search engine friendly link on the footer intact. Removing the link will violate the license. If you wish for the link to be removed you must purchase a license. The license purchased is for cube cart(s) running on a SINGLE domain name.

NOTE!! This license for the mod is in NO WAY affliated with cube cart or Devellion Ltd at all!!!

I suggest you download the mod and install it and only if you are happy with the results and wish to remove the search engine friendly link at the footer then consider purchasing a license for the mod!

To obtain a license go to

http://www.intimatewear.com.au/cc3_mods/

Purchase the mod then contact me on my email and provide me with the domain name of your live server and I will send you a licensed copy without the link in the footer.

NOTE!! Please install the mod first to make sure it is working and you are happy with it BEFORE you decide to buy a license. Licenses are NON refundable!!!

NOTE!! If you have previously bought a license and upgraded to a later version of the mod, you must get it reissued DO NOT reuse your old licensed file it will be buggy!! Please visit the above website to get it reissued.

Requirements

Your cube cart must be running on Apache (Windows or Linux)

Your apache server will need to support either the RewriteRule OR directory 'look backs'. Most servers should support either one, however there are a minority of servers that do not support neither, so test the mod on your server.

Features

* URLS in cube cart are easy for humans to read

* URLS in cube cart are easy for search engine to spider

* PHP sessions are killed if the user agent is identified as a search engine

* Large list of known spiders. Taken from the OsCommerce project

* Boxes such as shopping cart and sessions are hidden if the user agent is identified as a search engine

These links have redir parameters tagged to the URLs which can exhaust a spider because of the infinite

amount of links its creates.

As of version 2.0

* Product and category names appear within the URL

* Will strip dangerous characters from the product/category when generating the url

* Does not require the RewriteRule for this mod to work

* Cube cart can be in a folder other than the root directory, no special mods required for this.

As of version 3.0

* Fixed bug with currency and language dropdown boxes

* Fixed bug with search

* Fixed bug with print form

* Fixed bug with more images

* Fixed other miscellaneous bugs

* Added admin on/off search engine friendly url switch

* Displays category names within the title bar just like the products.

As of version 3.1

* Fixed bug where if a product had options, the buy button from within a category jumped to the homepage

* Added switch to admin so user can now specify whether their server supports .htaccess files and the ForceType keyword.

* Merged up mod to cube cart 3.0.2 files.

As of version 3.2

* Fixed minor bug but huge impact. Paypal gateway wasn't working. AND possibly other gateways!

As of version 4.0

* accented latin characters are now normalized within the url.

* meta titles, descriptions and keywords can be customized for each sitedoc, product and category

* product names and category structures now appear within the page titles

* much better server support with the reintroduction of the RewriteRule rule

* Fixed numerous other minor bugs

As of version 4.1

* Page titles are displayed in the current language selected by the user, for search engines it will always be the default language.

* Merged up mod to cube cart 3.0.3 files.

As of version 4.2

* Fixed buy button bug, now only hypher links will be made search engine friendly

* Added feature to select between "cat->sub cat->prod name" AND "prod name->sub cat->cat" in page titles

* Added feature to override global meta tags with the sef meta tags if they are not empty

* Added robots.txt

* Updated spider.txt, now contains a huge list of major/minor/regional search engines.

* Merged up mod to cube cart 3.0.5 files.

As of version 4.3

* Merged up mod to cube cart 3.0.6 files.

Instructions

* Back up your cube cart before doing anything!

* If you have a fresh install of cube cart version 3.0.6 then

simply overwrite the files in your cube cart with the files in the zip file. NOTE! Make sure your cube cart is installed correctly and working before you apply this mod!

* If you have made ANY mods to your cube cart or your cube cart is NOT version 3.0.6 then I suggest you use WinMerge and

merge the search engine mods to your cube cart files. All changes are clearly marked

with a comment to make it easy to identify what to merge. PLEASE NOTE!! If you have previously

installed an older version of this MOD, then I suggest you undo all changes before applying this MOD.

Easiest way is to do a diff between your cubecart and the original version of your cubecart and

revert back all search engine friendly mods. If you do not know how to use winmerge or merge software DO NOT even attempt to

install this on your modded cubecart. Get someone to do it for you! I cannot provide any support if you decide to install the mod yourself.

* After moding your cube cart. Go to Store config -> General Settings in your admin panel. Scroll down and select YES for 'use search engine friendly URL' and click on the 'update settings' button. This will enable the server configuration setting in the admin panel.

* Now you must select a server configuration to use from the admin panel. I suggest trying them in the order of:

1) Apache RewriteRule supported

2) Apache directory 'lookback' and ForceType supported

3) Apache directory 'lookback' supported only

Select a server configuration and click on the 'update settings' button. Now go to your store and browse through it, if you can view your products then the server configuration you selected is valid for your server. If you have gone through the whole list and still cannot browse through your store then try following steps.

1) Select 'Apache RewriteRule supported' then edit the ORGINAL .htaccess file in the root directory OF YOUR SHOP and delete everything inbetween '# 1)' and '# end 1)'. Now try browsing your store.

2) If that did not work then select 'Apache directory 'lookback' and ForceType supported' then edit the ORGINAL .htaccess file in the root directory OF YOUR SHOP and delete everything inbetween '# 2)' and '# end 2)'. Now try browsing your store.

3) If that did not work then select 'Apache directory 'lookback' supported only' then delete the .htaccess file in the root directory OF YOUR SHOP. If your server allows .htaccess files then you don't need to delete it instead edit the file and delete everything inbetween '# <rf> search engine friendly mod' and '# <rf> end mod'

In none of these works, then unfortunately you cannot use search engine friendly urls on your store. So please select NO to 'use search engine friendly URL'. You can contact your webhost admin and check with them if you can use the RewriteRule OR AcceptPathInfo (turns on Apache's directory 'lookback' feature). You do not need to turn on search engine friendly URLs to use the sef meta tags however.

* If you have search engine friendly urls working then download Xenu Link from http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html, use this to check your cube cart. Point to the

homepage. There should be a finite amount of pages crawled and hopefully no URLs with

question marks in them. If you get a finite amount of pages and all links are Ok, congratulations

your cube cart is search engine friendly!

* If you wish to use the sef meta tags then click on the install link in the admin panel to extend your database tables. Then you can select 'Combine with global meta tags' to use the feature.

Behaviour of sef meta tags can be:

Disable feature -> don't use sef meta tags

Combine with global meta tags -> sef meta tags will inserted in front of the global meta tags

Override global meta tags -> if the sef meta tags are not empty they will be used in place of the global meta tags

Problems

---------------------------------------------------------------

1) If you can't get this mod working on your shop. I suggest to install a test cart that is a clean

fresh install of cube cart 3.0.6 then apply this mod. If that works perphaps the merge to your cube cart might not

have been 100% correct.

2) If you notice something odd/bug about your cube cart's behaviour. Turn off search engine friendly URLs from the admin panel

and try again. If it happens still it will most likely be a cube cart bug.

3) If you think it is a genuine search engine friendly mod bug, please test it on my test cart http://www.intimatewear.com.au/testcart if it happens there too, email me the details of the bug.

Disclaimer

BACK UP your cube cart files and database and try the mod first on a non active cube cart. I am

not responsible for any loss of data or any thing else for that matter. It is

your choice to add this mod to your cube cart and you do so at your own risk.

Updated Wed, Dec 7 2005 10:33 pm

View File

Edited by rukiman

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bitz'n'Batz

Hi guys me again with a problem :sourcerer:

Ive just installed this mod and ive activated it, the main page is fine but when u click on a cat or product i get a major error.

try it here

and before i activated it when i clicked a product it was saying that product could not be found?????

HELP!!!!! please :sourcerer:

P.S: im using 3.0.6

EDIT:Fatal error: Call to undefined function: user_is_search_engine() in /home/bitznbat/public_html/includes/boxes/session.inc.php on line 37

if you click the basket that is the error you get?

Guest rukiman

How did you install this? Is your cube cart modded and you had to merge it OR did you just unzip and upload everything to your cubecart.

Sounds to me like you have not uploaded the sessionStart.inc.php file? Try downloading and installing a fresh install of cube cart 3.0.6 then uploading all the mod files. If this test cart works then you will be able to work from there....

As for trying to get your links to work, try the suggestion in the README.TXT file that comes with the mod might be something to do with your server configuration. I am assuming you have already uploaded the .htaccess file to your root directory?

Guest Bitz'n'Batz

My cart is a modded 1 so i merged it, ive done everything that the read me file said, will try a fresh copy when i get my computer up and running again :P thing keeps crashing

• 2 weeks later...

Help Needed, everything works Great Except for the Title...

Its Comming up in the wrong order...

And Example is

Ernest G Brooks - SCFC Jewellery Supplier - Welsh Gold Specialists (Powered by CubeCart)0.35ct Single Stone 4 Claw Tension Set Ring - Single 4Claw T747 - Diamond Rings

Where it Should Be

0.35ct Single Stone 4 Claw Tension Set Ring - Single 4Claw T747 - Diamond Rings - Ernest G Brooks - SCFC Jewellery Supplier - Welsh Gold Specialists (Powered by CubeCart)

I know Long Titles But Search Engines Only look at the first 150 Charactors of your title, so i need the product name ect at the begining...

Someone help, i have looked at playing with the sefMetaTitle() function ect but can work out how to rearange them..

Yes i seen that but the option is between... Product - Sub Catagory - Catagory - Site Title OR Catagory - Sub Catagory - Product - Site Title...

Look at my Quotes again and you will see this is compleatly messed up... it has the Site Title, Then the (powered by CubeCart) and then the Product - Sub Catagory - Catagory... or if i change the option Catagory - Sub Catagory - Product...

I dont know what it is...

Sorry all a root to the problem was that my Index.php file hadn't been updated durrning the modification, somehow it still managed to show the product name and Catagory name, but was placing them after the (Powered by CubeCart) text...

This thankfully is now fixed, and the site is looking better already B)

Guest klassicd

I just installed this and am I only having problems with 1 thing. The emails and external links all add a slash to the URL. The HTML that is supposed to be showed does not have a / in the database record but somehow has one when displayed.

mysql record: mailto:[email protected]

html ouput: /mailto:[email protected]

See here: http://www.minidollhousefurniture.com/inde...viewDoc&docId=2

Guest rukiman

Ah thats a bug. forgot about the mailto attribute. Will update mod before the end of the week at the latest, hopefully tomorrow! Can't think of a work around for the time being, maybe just not create a mail link and just state your email address or use a contact us form mod OR just wait till I update mod.

p.s can you give an example of an external link? That page only shows a mailto.

Guest klassicd

It's just the mailto links. External links are fine.

Please let us know how to fix this. I tried to fix it myself but am unsure where the / is being added. viewDoc.php is assigning the correct HTML to the xtemplate class so it has to be with one of the sef functions or the .htaccess perhaps?

Guest cntgifts

what are the shop files that are included with this

my shop is www.cnt-gifts.com but if you go to www.cnt-gifts.com/shop it has my site too

Why is this

Guest blacknightcomputers

Hi i have been playing with the SEO for cc3.0.6 i can see product listings etc no problem but if you go to add something to the cart or view cart i get Error 404 not found??

the test domain i have installed it on is http://www.phillip-cooper.co.uk/cubecartestingstore/

i have populated the store with products for testing etc

in seo i have

Apache directory Loop Back supported only selected as the other options gave the 404 error when trying to access the store ...

any ideas ???

does the rest of your site function properly and only the cart play up??

if the whole store then it is possible that you have an incompatable server even for lookback..

Guest blacknightcomputers

all the products list fine think its just when you come to add products to hte cart it plays up.... not sure why..... surely if it was in compantible i would even be able to list products etc ????