Changing the background color

Guest sensake

If you want to change the side box tops and bottoms, those are images and have to be edited in your favorite image editor. boxTitleBg.gif and boxFootBg.gif. The page surround is in layout.css.

#pageSurround {

width: 98%;

margin: 0px auto;

padding: 5px;

You can add: background-color: #hex color code;

For the rest of the page add a background-color tag to:

body {

margin: 5px;

The nav bar and document bar are images as well and are made up of several parts. You can download any of several colors in the Downloads section.

Guest sensake

ty very much, adapted almost everything i needed, i just need to find where i can change the white spaces between the upper categories (beginpagina, geschenkmanden, ...) and the background-color of the search box (grey area)

could someone help me with this last thing?

Thx very much for the quick support

style.css

.searchBox {

background-color: #FFFFFF;

border: 1px solid #7F9DB9;

height: 14px;

font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 11px;

color: #0E51A3;

Those white spaces on the side boxes are images that have to be edited to change the color. I noted this in an earlier post.

" If you want to change the side box tops and bottoms, those are images and have to be edited in your favorite image editor. boxTitleBg.gif and boxFootBg.gif." They are located in Skin/Killer/styleImages/backgrounds

Hello snesake, and welkommen to the forum!

The little white spaces you see at the category tabs are part of the images that make those tabs. They are GIF's and the white areas aren't visible in the stock skin, because it has a white background. To fix, just open those images in your favorite image editor and change the white corners to the same yellow color of your background, or make them transparent, then save and upload them.

As to the gray area, this too is a background image. Look for it in the style sheet, and delete it from the styles by removing all background-image references for sessionBg.gif

Hi Nils, I've helped you with your skin before, so I'm pretty sure you're using Killer?

There is no background color or image specified for .boxContent, so by default it is transparent. To make the areas you mentioned white, go to styleSheets/layout.css and find the class .boxContent

Add a line to set background color to white (or to #FFFFFF):

background-color: white;

or

Yes, its for the Killer skin. Thanks for helping out. I visited your exelente CC3.biz site. Whats the hex color code for that very light grey color you use?

Best regards

Nils

• 1 month later...
Guest jccboca

Hello,

I noticed that #FFFFFF changes the bcgrd of the actual text input area of the search box. I need to change the bcg color of the rest of the search box from lt grey to another color. Any ideas how I might do this?

Thanks!

style.css

.searchBox {

border: 1px solid #7F9DB9;

height: 14px;

font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 11px;

color: #0E51A3;

Those white spaces on the side boxes are images that have to be edited to change the color. I noted this in an earlier post.

" If you want to change the side box tops and bottoms, those are images and have to be edited in your favorite image editor. boxTitleBg.gif and boxFootBg.gif." They are located in Skin/Killer/styleImages/backgrounds