Thumbnails being deleted!

Guest estelle

Guest estelle

Hey everyone,

I'm still not quite sure what is causing this, but I'm going to have to assume that CubeCart is at fault because its just too weird otherwise.

Thumbnails keep disappearing, as in - the file is being deleted. I'm not yet quite sure why or when, but i'm guessing that it happens when I edit the product (since I know CubeCart tries to regenerate the thumbnails).

I currently have GD enabled (version 2). I'm running CubeCart 3.0.6

Two other users, smallbang and suss, have both reported the exact same problem. (Another thread here)

To be honest it looks like a new bug in CubeCart 3.0.6 :wacko:

Sir Will, are you going to save us this time? :wacko::w00t:

Estelle.

Guest estelle

Come to think of it, perhaps its an incompatability with a newer version of PHP? I know my webhost provider did something to PHP recently (i'm assuming they upgraded it), because I initially got some GD library error messages, but they've since gone away.

This is the only interesting stuff i can see in Server Info:

PHP Version 4.3.11

GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

My thumbnails are being deleted as well, I'm running 3.0.5 (didn't even attempt .6) and my host just upgraded PHP.

edited to add...

Not sure if this helps, but this is the email sent by my host before the PHP upgrade...

MAINTENANCE ACTION:

----------------------------

Please be advised that with the change from the 4.3.x versions of PHP to the 4.4.x versions, a bug was fixed that affects how references are handled. This may in some rare cases cause warnings to appear in PHP pages where there were none previously. More information on this topic is available at the official PHP web site here.

Guest estelle

Okay, I can't replicate this bug because I think my webhost company must have recently reverted to this version of PHP (4.3.11), but I'm guessing they had previously tried upgraded to PHP 4.4.1 which appears to be the problematic version.

So can someone who can replicate the problem please test the following code change...

Edit classes/gd.inc.php

Find this line:

function save($save="")

Now scroll down 14 lines and find this line:

if ($config['gdversion']>0) {

Insert these lines *below* it:

// Estelle - fix for imageJPEG() problems in PHP 4.4.1

touch($save);

Estelle.

...it doesn't matter whether you're running in safe mode or not ...

Really? ;)

(PG(safe_mode) && !php_checkuid(fn, "rb+",  

CHECKUID_CHECK_FILE_AND_DIR)))

:huh:

BTW stable hosting company is ALWAYS providing PHP in safe mode only. They know for what.

@estelle may i guess? You are using PHP in safe mode too...but id doesnt matter who is right and who is not :errm:

Guest estelle

I can confirm that I am not running safe_mode now, nor was I running it a few weeks back or anytime earlier than that. But I guess my webhost company must have switched safe_mode on at the same time as they tried to upgrade to 4.4.1....

I'm happy to admit when i'm wrong, but i always harbor a grudge towards the person who pointed it out :errm:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

estelle, would this fix work on version 2.6 of cubecart - i `have someone who won't upgrade and with php 4.4 i have a issue creating thumbnails.

If so which files get upgraded as ver2 does not have the gd.inc file mentioned

thanks

ian

• 2 weeks later...

JMHO!!! for people reading this thread - while Estelle's fix may be a good workaround, note that there is nothing wrong with the CubeCartâ„¢ code here - the problem is a bug in PHP 4.4.1

Rather than patching CubeCartâ„¢ files, I would suggest you contact your webhost, and ask them to apply the patch to 4.4.1 and THIS WILL FIX THE PROBLEM FOR EVERYONE ON THEIR SERVER.

If you have a really good host, you do not have this problem - because they would be aware of this bug, and their PHP version will already be patched. :)

Just send this link to your webhost, explain the problem you're having with GD on your ecommerce site, and ask them to patch the PHP 4.4.1 files.

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=35071