Help modding Killer skin

Guest forefront

Guest forefront

I've made a version of the Killer skin in green rather than blue, but here are a few things I can't seem to locate where to change colors:

1. In the search box, the default color of "Login" and "Register" text.

2. The default text color on the category tabs and site docs in the footer; I'd like it to be black, not white.

3. The blue color of the "Currency" and "Language" dropdown box buttons. I found the reference to the "dropDown" class in style.css, but don't know if this is where I can also set the color of the down-arrow image or not. I'm not sure how to do this in CSS.

Also ... I would like to add a permanent link back to the main site from the online store. Ideally, this would be a colored tab at the far left on the category row, if this is possible. I'm open to other suggestions that would require minimal modification to the source code.

Thanks!

None of the modifications you are requesting would require changes to source code - only to skin files, and mostly to the CSS files.

Finding where things are specified in the stylesheets isn't hard, just requires a little time and experimentation.

This may help - I'm annotating the CSS files for all skins, but the only one available now is the layout.css for Classic - and many of the changes you desire will be found in style.css instead of layout.css.

layout.css annotated (Classic Skin)

And here are some unfinished notes from style.css:

STYLES IN CUBECART - NOTES:

FROM STYLES.CSS

.searchBtn = The "GO" button for your search box.

.searchBox = The search box attributes.

.textbox = The quantity box in your shopping cart, and the "Enter Product Code" text box.

.submit = The "Join Now" button for mailing list, and the "Add" button for adding product codes to shopping cart.

(Discuss list properties)

.txtSession = The text dealing with a customer's session; for instance, this will affect the text in your search box area, like the words, "Search for:", "Log In" and "Register"

.txtCopy, .txtSiteDocs = Affects text in the "Information" box and the "Mailing List" box.

.txtButton = The "Buy" and "More" and "Add to Basket" buttons appearing near product descriptions.

.txtOldPrice = This is the price which by default appears with a line struck through when the item is on sale.

.txtSale = Sets properties for the sale price text.

.txtSiteDocs, a.txtSiteDocs = Sets properties for the links at the bottom of the page, which link to pages on your site, "About Us" etc.

.txtDefault, a.txtDefault, a.txtLink, a.txtLocation = This is where you set the properties for the text that appears in your category links, popular products links, sub-titles to all the product pics, and the titles in your product descriptions (Product Names).

.txtContentTitle = Sets properties for the major headings on your site.

.tblList = this is the table that contains your items list for items contained in a category.

.txtCartPrice = This affects the text that reports the quantity and pricing of items in the cart.

.txtCart = Affects the text in the Shopping Cart reporting box, "Items in cart:" and "Total:"

.cartProgress = Sets properties for the cart progress box, "Cart » Address » Payment » Complete"

.txtcartProgressCurrent = Sets properties for the text that tells where the customer is now in relation to the progress bar.

.quickBuy = Sets properties for the text, "Want to add more items? Enter the Product Code:"

Guest forefront

Thanks! I found most everything and it's looking good.

It seems that the color of the down-arrow button of a <SELECT> dropdown box is determined by the browser. IE under XP wants a light blue. Is there a way to change this with a JavaScript or something?

• 1 month later...
Guest edgeways

Thanks! I found most everything and it's looking good.

It seems that the color of the down-arrow button of a <SELECT> dropdown box is determined by the browser. IE under XP wants a light blue. Is there a way to change this with a JavaScript or something?

Has anyone been able to figure this one out? We are having the same trouble with the color of the dropdown arrow buttons.

Thanks