3.0.6 CUBECART [out of the box] doesnt work in IE6

I installed a store, configured everything, and then when I tried looking at it in IE, I saw a bunch of missing links... the blocks are missing the titles, and the button to ADD TO CART doesn't show up!!

http://swamp.icomplex.org

Firefox and Konqueror work fine, IE doesn't work at all...

so I tried just installing a default store with nothing custom...SAME PROBLEM!!

http://shop.icomplex.org

Any ideas?

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

I have never seen this problem, i have seen with my sites that every now and again IE cant find the language files and so anything that is called from a language file just doesn't display...

Try Clearing your Temp Documents and cookies this normaly works for me...

I looked in IE 6 and everything displayed fine.

Disappearing titles and borders in IE are common though, due to what is known as the IE peekaboo bug. Try adding the following property:

positon: relative;

to .boxContent class in stlyeSheets/layout.css and to .textContentTitle class in stlyeSheets/style.css

While you're in the stylesheets, add the position: relative; attribute to every element that contains a float: attribute as well.

Please post the results here, so we can know if this solves your problem. :lol:

Hey Milos :D

May seem funny, but as he says, "blocks missing titles . . . add to basket button not showing"

I've seen these symptoms corrected before just by adding that property. The "add" text button has a foat property that causes this sometimes, and the two classes I mentioned can cause the problem with titles, text, borders or images in the main content area of the site . . . believe me :lol:

@ whoman421 - also, you need to make the latest products align better . . . read this

As i stated above this is a cookie problem... I have seen it happen with many clients sites, and at present have only come accross TWATCH site counter that causes such clashes with the cookies.

basicaly the language files are not called into the site because there is already a cookie there with the WRONG values...

Deleting the cookies seems to always work... Note this isn't just an IE problem it also happens in FF..

Aikdo, I can understand your cookie problem, but eventually you'll see what we mean about the float property with IE. It is not isolated to one user's machine, anyone who views the site having problems will see it regardless of cookies. It is not isolated to language calls, it is the cause of disappearing borders and images as well as text. When the problem is indeed caused by the peekaboo bug, the text is not missing - it is simply invisible in IE, until you run your cursor over it. You are actually able to select the "invisible" text or image.

Again, we are discusssing two different problems here - the peekaboo problem is as real, and often as frustrating, as your cookie problem. :lol:

My post was in response to the fact that both you and convict didn't see anything wrong with the site just the owner...

That is why i considered the possibility of it being a Local problem EG related to the same cookie problem i am facing...

Understood. You may be right on that, because I didn't see the problem when I looked.

The first time I came across the peekaboo issue I thought for sure it was a cookie or cache problem, but I was wrong on that, and I have solved several problems since then that are related to the peekaboo issue.

It's all good if we're trying to help each other :)

As of yet i havent come accross a peekabo problem but in the same sentence i only EVER use IE for testing compatability, oftern find many faults with IE, that Opera and FF dont give me... but as of yet i dont think i hae come accross a peekabo error...

One Of my Client get the error i mentioned, and my main way of finding out it was a cookie error was by simply changing from his .com address to the .co.uk or vice versor and it was fine, both domains are parked onto the same files, so i knew that the content was the same.

But probably after saying this now, i will come accross such a peekaboo error. which hopefuly i can run to this forum and get someone to help...

I JUST HATE IT