IE & Firefox are wrecking my head!!!!!

Guest jjmax

Hi,

After wrestling with OS Commerce cart for almost all day yestreday, I finally realised I wasn't getting anywhere with it and opted to give CubeCart a go.

I've found CubeCart to be excellent.

I've some CSS and html knowledge, so customising it to fit in my website was a process of trial/test/retry/retest/retry....and so on.

I've finally got it looking close to what I want.

There are a few problems though.

Initially all the issues were with IE's interpretation of my code.

I seem to have sorted most of the IE issues, but Firefox isn't displaying the page correctly now.

In IE the Category section, Latest Products, etc... display well.

But in Firefox, they take up the length of the page and anything in them is stuck to the bottom of the containing box.

For a better idea of what I'm trying to say, the page can be found at -Mr. John PCS cart

There are a few other things I need to sort out later too.

The search text at the top of the page is too near the left column, but I can't find the class/id to 'padd' it out.

I haven't touched the basket page or the new user registration page yet, but I have noticed that the basket is working on the catalog page but not on the basket page (if that makes sense)

There's probably a million glaringly obvious things wrong with it at the moment so if you spot something can you tell me?

These are probably issues that I could resolve if I had a bit of php knowledge but unforunately I don't.

So I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance folks,

John

Dagnabbit!

I thought that was supposed to be empty!

YAAAAAAAAAR! :cry:

Thanks for that, I'll try and sort it out.

On that, I haven't changed the code for the cart.

Just reskinned it, and edited the css and index.tpl file.

Is there a reference guide I can use that'll tell me what elements are being called by the bits of code, i.e.

{CATEGORIES}

{RANDOM_PROD}  

{INFORMATION}	

{CURRENCY}

{LANGUAGE}

Thanks for the comment about the design.

To be honest, I was coding the whole thing in CSS and HTML when my mate said the word "database"!

But now that I've found out about this PHP thing I plan to recode the entire site once I get my head around the thing.

The site is very much WIP but I'm going to burn what last bit of midnight oil I have left to get the thing up by tomorrow :lol:

Still though as my primary school headmaster used to tell me - "God loves a tryer" (it took me years to realise he was taking the piss out of me!)

Look at the post in this skins forum section titled something like, "IE6 not compatible w/CC3.0.6 out of the box" and you'll see a couple posts about peekaboo problem.

Then, look in the downloads section (Downloads button top of page) under CC3 Hacks & Mods, Tutorials & Documentation, on manipulating boxes - may help a little.

Hi,

Thanks a million for the pointers.

It looks like I've sorted out the 'Latest Prods' display problem.

The fix was to add...

.boxcontent {

position: relative;

float: left;

}

...to the layout.css stylesheet under the skin I'm using.

For some reason I didn't see that support documents bit before, I was really zonked last night, OS Commerce almost drained my will to live with it's finikity tables. :cry:

There's a really odd problem reoccuring now that I've sorted that problem.

The footer content, including the {site_docs}, keeps moving around under IE.

Is this the peekaboo issue?

It seems that when I rollover the 'Test Product' link under Latest Products, it pops up to just under the Latest Products box.

If you scroll down the page the Language box, on the left, and the Newsletter box, on the right, is cut off.

If you rollover another link on the page it pops back to the bottom.

:lol:

This is mad! Any tips or pointers?

Thanks again for the help, I'll probably be calling on you again as I get set to tackle the Basket page, etc...

Then comes the job of getting it all to work now that it looks nice!

Hi,

The site is now looking - "acceptable"

There are a few niggly problems that I'd appreciate any help on.

In Firefox the Checkout pages and the Category page for the items, isn't spaced properly. In the Checkout it's very tight, and the Add button is overlapping the text.

In IE, surprisingly everything is OK except for one small issue, in the Catalogue section, under each item's description, the 'quantity' box is overlapping the 'quantity' word.

I realise this isn't making a lot of sense.

The site is at My Cart

Thanks again for any advice.