No Images Showing - New Install

Hello.

I installed successfully today, but for some reason my images will not appear for my products. I checked the files via FTP and the images and thumbs are both there in the folders, they just do not show on my store.

Has anyone had this happen and found the cause? The server I am on does that it has GD2.

Thank you kindly in advance.

Guest estelle

This can happen when you have an incorrect path setting in includes/global.inc.php.

We could figure it out easier if you can post a URL to your site.

Estelle.

The images are at americancandle/store/images/uploads? And the thumbs are at americancandle/store/images/uploads/thumbs?

Be sure they are in the correct place, then edit one of your two test products, browse for an image to associate with product, and update with the "Edit Product" button.

All I see on your store is two test products with the "nophoto.gif" showing . . . which means either no photo associated with product, no photo in the correct directory, or path is wrong B)

With CC pulling up "nophoto.gif" correctly, problem is probably not in filepath . . .

The images are in /store/images/uploads

The thumbs are in /store/images/uploads/thumbs

I edited Test Product 1, browsed for an image to associate with product, and updated with the "Edit Product" button.

Still, no image is showing.

I have tried it twice, once with a jpg and once with a gif, and neither makes a difference as none shows.

Any further help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I just realized that if i go to the product and choose to pick a new image for the product from the popup list, that when i click "OK" nothing happens. I then have to click "Cancel" to close the popup window. This may be involved with my problem.

Any help at all would be very much appreciated.

Depending on the size of the image it can take some time for the file to upload and look like there is Nothing happening...

Try uploading a very small image and giving it time... this should work fine...

If not try uploading the images via FTP to you images/uploads/ directory and then click the button bellow the uploads button to select files that are already on your server...

This should save you some time...

The images have uploaded fine, and are small.

They just will not appear for the items.

I can't imagine that I am the first person that is happening to.

Any other help would be much appreciated.

Sorry for the late response. Thanks, and you can put the index pages back up now.

I believe that you have a corruped file or two. This sometimes happens on a brand new install, due to timeouts or some unknown glitch in your downloading installation files, or uploading them to your webspace. The most prudent course now would be to re-install the store before spending any more time on this problem. There is a very large chance this will cure your ills, and is definitely worth a try, as running down bugs in possibly corrupted files can be an excercise in futility. :)

No Disable it in your cube cart admin... there is an option in there that will let you say that you have GD-2 , GD-1, or No GD... change it to No GD and untick the box saying that you can alter Gif images...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Jono1

Hello to all who have this problem,

I expereinced the exact same with version 3.0.10. What sorted the problem for me was to re upload all the image folders in BINARY mode.

Hope this helps?

John