Visual Editing

Guest gartoy

I was hoping that someone would help me in this matter. I would like to change the layout move boxes. add boxes change text color etc... but without going to find the code in the all the different files. What I like to do is load the files and Visaual edit as I need them to be. I try several software programs out there and most will do visual editing but I can not get it to work with cubecart. I am not sure what file or files I need to open up for this to work. I open up the index.tbl from template folder and I try to visual editing the files and all I get is what forms are in that files. I would really appreciated the help !!

Thanks

Guest woodbtreasures

I'm confused on what you're wanting to do myself.

But changing around the boxes etc is very easy to do with cubecarts template system.

Just go into your index.tpl file and move the macros around where you want for the boxes to show up using the other file names for reference. The macros are any of the all capital letter words connected by an underscore like:

{RANDOM_PROD}

{POPULAR_PRODUCTS}

{SALE_ITEMS}

If you need to add new boxes to your front page then just use this code as provided by vrakas in another post and modifiy what it says and the position to suit.

Look at template styleTemplates/global/index.tpl under your prefered skin folder, open it and modify, add code below after {CATEGORIES}

<div class="boxTitleRight">Counter</div>

<div class="boxContentRight">

Add you script for the counter here

</div>

<div class="boxFootRight">&nbsp;</div>

Hope this works  :on2long:

I hope this helps you out :w00t:

The CubeCartâ„¢ Shopping Cart is on the cutting edge of web applications and design. The cart makes a grand attempt to be W3C compliant in all its coding.

What you are seeking is known as a WYSIWYG editor - "What You See Is What You Get" type of editor - for web pages. I doubt that you will find one that works well with CubeCartâ„¢ as CC is on the cutting edge as regards stucture of the cart and file types. CC makes extensive use of CSS with XML template files with the .tpl extension.

You may get some mileage out of some wysiwyg editors if you can get them to recognize the .tpl files in the XHTML language settings . . . but I do not know much about wysiwyg editors, and am only guessing.

Making changes to the code in CubeCartâ„¢ is not difficult, and well worth the learning curve for a beginner, IMHO. I have written a few tutorials that may help you, see the links in my signature below.

Maybe you could help me with one thing.

I changed the look but now i want the text of the boxes in black instead of white.

Where can i change this...i searched all documents but couldn't find it.

Rob-E

<edit> Searching in css files now and see some changes but cannot find where to change the boxes text color. I want to change the color of the text like Coose category. </edit>

Example

Please Read This Before Posting to This Forum

See # 5 - Version, skin name, post link

However, in general: For all skins you change text color in layout.css and style.css

Tip: you will see forms like this background-color: colorCode; and forms like this color: colorCode;

The latter, "color" property will be used for font colors.

STYLES IN CUBECART - NOTES:

FROM STYLES.CSS

.searchBtn = The "GO" button for your search box.

.searchBox = The search box attributes.

.textbox = The quantity box in your shopping cart, and the "Enter Product Code" text box.

.submit = The "Join Now" button for mailing list, and the "Add" button for adding product codes to shopping cart.

(Discuss list properties)

.txtSession = The text dealing with a customer's session; for instance, this will affect the text in your search box area, like the words, "Search for:", "Log In" and "Register"

.txtCopy, .txtSiteDocs = Affects text in the "Information" box and the "Mailing List" box.

.txtButton = The "Buy" and "More" and "Add to Basket" buttons appearing near product descriptions.

.txtOldPrice = This is the price which by default appears with a line struck through when the item is on sale.

.txtSale = Sets properties for the sale price text.

.txtSiteDocs, a.txtSiteDocs = Sets properties for the links at the bottom of the page, which link to pages on your site, "About Us" etc.

.txtDefault, a.txtDefault, a.txtLink, a.txtLocation = This is where you set the properties for the text that appears in your category links, popular products links, sub-titles to all the product pics, and the titles in your product descriptions (Product Names).

.txtContentTitle = Sets properties for the major headings on your site.

.tblList = this is the table that contains your items list for items contained in a category.

.txtCartPrice = This affects the text that reports the quantity and pricing of items in the cart.

.txtCart = Affects the text in the Shopping Cart reporting box, "Items in cart:" and "Total:"

.cartProgress = Sets properties for the cart progress box, "Cart » Address » Payment » Complete"

.txtcartProgressCurrent = Sets properties for the text that tells where the customer is now in relation to the progress bar.

.quickBuy = Sets properties for the text, "Want to add more items? Enter the Product Code:"