NEED A FULL SKIN TUT!!

Guest Marshalls

Guest Marshalls

Ok, After searching all over this site, I can not find a skinning tut with usable information

Can someone please write a tut on how to create a skin for CC3.0.6 from scratch?

Or post some links to good sites with info on making a skin for cc3.0.6?

What you are asking for is not available anywhere - and really not very feasible.

CC3 is so flexible as to templating, that there is really no limit as to what you can do with it. The question is, what look are you after? What do you want to do?

Then, you can get an answer on how to go about it.

Generally . . .

All files you need to edit for making a new skin reside in the skin files. Look at the files under skins/Classic, skins/Legend and skins/Killer. Images related to the skins are placed in styleImages, cascading stylesheets are found in styleSheets, and XML templates are found in styleTemplates.

If you are unfamiliar with stylesheets, you can learn about them on the web. Same goes for XHTML (Extended Hyper-text Markup Language). If you know CSS and XML, making new skins in CubeCart is relatively easy. If you don't know the basics of these, there is no tutorial for making skins that will make sense - you need to learn about these.

As to tutorials, I myself have some in progress, and have made some already on "Customizing CubeCart Header" and "Manipulating Boxes in CC3." Granted, these leave alot to be desired, but they can give you a start.

Since there may be, let's just say, 100 different styles of skin possible, then there would need to be 100 different step-by-step tutorials for you. Actually, there may be a nearly infinite number of styles available, so the type of tutorial you are asking about is impossible. Only general guides can be written, and yes, there is still quite a lack of them at present. But there is no sense in any of us writing general tutes on CSS for example, when so many good ones have already been written and are floating around the web.

Is there a specific question I may be able to help you with regarding your idea for skinning?