Product Options and Stock Levels... problem?

goober999

Hi,

I don't know whether it's a bug or a "feature". It just doesn't seem right. So I'll ask a question here before posting a bug report.

Let's say you sell tee shirts. And they come in different sizes and colors, ex:

Sizes: small, medium and large

Color: red, white, and blue

You create and assign appropriate options to the product. Then you set stock level to 20. that means I have a total of 20 shirts a various sizes and colors.

The customer, in the same order, can now buy 20 small red shirts, 20 large blue shirts and 20 medium white shirts.

This is a problem, right, or am I missing something?

Thanks

/Goober

at the moment product options is a bit doddgy i knoe estell is working on a mod...

at present it is as you say you can only asign the stock levels as a total and it then allows you to but that total for each item, not quite accurate and could mean a mass order you cant fit.

Hopefuly with estelle's mod all will work right...

Guest estelle

Definitely sounds like a bug to me. I'm sure you couldn't buy 20 of each in separate orders, so why should you be able to buy 20 of each in a single order?

I have started work on a product options mod, as you probably noticed already Alex. This mod should sort out the stock issue, along with a bunch of other issues.

Definitely sounds like a bug to me. I'm sure you couldn't buy 20 of each in separate orders, so why should you be able to buy 20 of each in a single order?

I have started work on a product options mod, as you probably noticed already Alex. This mod should sort out the stock issue, along with a bunch of other issues.

Hey,

How did you get to be a programmer?

:innocent:

That a pre-defined status or your own???

Come on spill the beans ;)

EDIT: careful where though, beans can be kinda dangerous, in more ways than one ;)

Edited by aikdo