CubeCart Style Meanings

Guest ampmco

Can anyone tell me what changes what under /skins/*/styleSheets

Not just that layout.css changes the layout, but what in the layout, popup, and style files changes what.

I would love a full list if anyone has it, or can take the time to do this.

Thanks a lot!

Hi ampmco,

You can get a commented version of layout.css (from the Classic skin) from my site by download, or you can view it online, Go to This Page

In addition, many of my skins have commented stylesheets already. After the first of the year, I will have most of the other stylesheets ready for the freebies vault.

In addition, I am building a very large tutorial about this, which has screenshots, color-coded, showing what each thing does in the stylesheets.

In addition, if you use Netscape 8.0 or Firefox, you can highlight items at your store, right-click the highlighted are, and choose to see the styles setting for the selected item.

Finally, in addition, I will share this info that I originally posted long ago in the forums about style.css:

STYLES IN CUBECART - NOTES:

FROM STYLES.CSS

.searchBtn = The "GO" button for your search box.

.searchBox = The search box attributes.

.textbox = The quantity box in your shopping cart, and the "Enter Product Code" text box.

.submit = The "Join Now" button for mailing list, and the "Add" button for adding product codes to shopping cart.

(Discuss list properties)

.txtSession = The text dealing with a customer's session; for instance, this will affect the text in your search box area, like the words, "Search for:", "Log In" and "Register"

.txtCopy, .txtSiteDocs = Affects text in the "Information" box and the "Mailing List" box.

.txtButton = The "Buy" and "More" and "Add to Basket" buttons appearing near product descriptions.

.txtOldPrice = This is the price which by default appears with a line struck through when the item is on sale.

.txtSale = Sets properties for the sale price text.

.txtSiteDocs, a.txtSiteDocs = Sets properties for the links at the bottom of the page, which link to pages on your site, "About Us" etc.

.txtDefault, a.txtDefault, a.txtLink, a.txtLocation = This is where you set the properties for the text that appears in your category links, popular products links, sub-titles to all the product pics, and the titles in your product descriptions (Product Names).

.txtContentTitle = Sets properties for the major headings on your site.

.tblList = this is the table that contains your items list for items contained in a category.

.txtCartPrice = This affects the text that reports the quantity and pricing of items in the cart.

.txtCart = Affects the text in the Shopping Cart reporting box, "Items in cart:" and "Total:"

.cartProgress = Sets properties for the cart progress box, "Cart » Address » Payment » Complete"

.txtcartProgressCurrent = Sets properties for the text that tells where the customer is now in relation to the progress bar.

.quickBuy = Sets properties for the text, "Want to add more items? Enter the Product Code:"

While it has taken a long time as I am writing a comprehensive tutorial with screenshots, a few others have taken this basic commented concept and offered some useful, simple tools. One is Jen Grassmeyer, who has a page on her site with a more complete listing like the one above.