How to add a new category to the category section

Guest Puppy

Hi :dizzy:

1. I've been modding my killer skin, and I realised that the "Sale Items" link/category disappeared. How do I replace this?

http://www.coldandcuddly.com/

2. This is around the same question, how do I add a new external category (not a product category added from the admin section) to the category link.

-Puppy

Hello Puppy, I can't tell right offhand why the Sale Items is not there; it is called out in styleTemplates/boxes/categories.tpl

Regarding adding external code, go to that same file and notice how the Homepage link is coded in. You can copy all that same code, replace "index.php" with the URL for your target page, and replace the {LANG_HOME} with the title that you want on the tab:

<td class="topCatsTabLeft">&nbsp;</td>

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php" class="txtCat">{LANG_HOME}</a></td>

<td class="topCatsTabRight">&nbsp;</td>

Copy that entire block of code, and paste it in jsut under the original. Then make the changes written above.

Be careful not to put it between the <!-- BEGIN: li> and <END: li --> tags.

For more information, read "Manipulating Boxes in CubeCart v.3" at

http://cc3.biz/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=5

Hello! :errm:

Thank you so much for your fast reply! The code is just what I needed. For why my "Sales Items" tab wasn't showing up, I found out that it was as easy as removing the description tags <--! Begin: Sales --> and <--! End: Sales --> I'm not sure why it wouldn't work with them there though. :dizzy:

Merry Xmas :D

-Puppy