Changing Latest Products to Our Products

Guest w1zom

Hello

I am using CubeCart Ver 3.05 and the Killer_Red Skin.

On the home page where it lists the "Latest Products" (toward the bottom) I want to change this text to "Our Products." I have searched just about every file trying to find where this text is located so I can change it. However, no can do!

Also I tried the MOD to list all the Catagories as well as the Latest Products on the front page and got only errors. However I was able to get the MOD that changes the Product ID to Cat ID to work somewhat. However, it would not display any images other than the "No Photo" one which I modified to "Click to see available products" which works.

the site is at http://www.w1zom.com

Thanks in advance

Bill

Hello

I am using CubeCart Ver 3.05 and the Killer_Red Skin.

On the home page where it lists the "Latest Products" (toward the bottom) I want to change this text to "Our Products." I have searched just about every file trying to find where this text is located so I can change it. However, no can do!

Also I tried the MOD to list all the Catagories as well as the Latest Products on the front page and got only errors. However I was able to get the MOD that changes the Product ID to Cat ID to work somewhat. However, it would not display any images other than the "No Photo" one which I modified to "Click to see available products" which works.

the site is at http://www.w1zom.com

Thanks in advance

Bill

This can be found in your language/en/lang.ic

Roban gave the answer; here is more information from a post made yesterday in another thread:

To edit the language file:

From the store root path, open the file language/en/lang.inc.php - substituting "en" for any language there you wish to work in.

Next, search for the text you wish to change as it appears in your store. (This is a very large file; use the search function in your text editor.)

Replace the text between double quote marks on the right side of the equation only. Shun special characters in your new text unless you are familiar with escaping special characters.

That's it. Remember that when you upgrade the store version, lang.inc.php will generally be overwritten as it is a core file. You will have to either not upgrade this file, or go back and re-do any changes you make to it after upgrading.

BTW, as long as you are developing your site, you might consider ditching the music - some visitors find it annoying that webmasters choose music for a visitor to play on his PC. It irritates me to no end, and worse, your page would not load until RealPlayer upgraded to the latest version on my machine. If I were a shopper who clicked a google link for your site's product, I would have left the site cursing, and never returned.

Just a little food for thought ;)

Thanks to both for the quick reply.

And... the music is gone!

Bill

Roban gave the answer; here is more information from a post made yesterday in another thread:

To edit the language file:

From the store root path, open the file language/en/lang.inc.php - substituting "en" for any language there you wish to work in.

Next, search for the text you wish to change as it appears in your store. (This is a very large file; use the search function in your text editor.)

Replace the text between double quote marks on the right side of the equation only. Shun special characters in your new text unless you are familiar with escaping special characters.

That's it. Remember that when you upgrade the store version, lang.inc.php will generally be overwritten as it is a core file. You will have to either not upgrade this file, or go back and re-do any changes you make to it after upgrading.

BTW, as long as you are developing your site, you might consider ditching the music - some visitors find it annoying that webmasters choose music for a visitor to play on his PC. It irritates me to no end, and worse, your page would not load until RealPlayer upgraded to the latest version on my machine. If I were a shopper who clicked a google link for your site's product, I would have left the site cursing, and never returned.

Just a little food for thought ;)