layout help lost ?? final touches

Guest gorbry

Hey All,

I am using killer skin and I have moved around a few of the boxs from the main page. Took me a few hours to figure out how to move them around and chop and change them but thats all apart of learning.

Problem I have is with the "search for" box and also the "Welcome Guest [Login | Register]"

Search for box

I have been able to move the "search for" box from the top right to the far left but I have no idea how to put a boarder around it just like the other boxes, also the spacing they have.

Welcome Guest [Login | Register]

I would like this text to be above the top blue boarder above the word "Home Page" but in the centre.

Any help on this will be great as I am just so lost...

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Bryce

There was a similar question in this old post: http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=12654

Based on that info, try this:

<div class="boxTitleLeft">&nbsp;</div>

<div class="boxContentLeft">

{SEARCH_FORM}

</div>

<div class="boxFootRight">&nbsp;</div>

That should place the border around your searchbox.

As to your other question, I'll have to re-read it and look at your site again to be sure I understand.

Meantime, check out "Manipulating Boxes in CubeCart 3" and other tutorials here: http://cc3.biz/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Looked into your other question.

Your other request is pretty simple to do, but I don't have the time to give you details. Here is what you should try:

1. Get rid of the gray background image in your stylesheet; just delete all references to background (color, image, etc.) from the styles for #sessionBox

2. Open styleTemplates/boxes/session.tpl and remove any line break (like <br />) that keeps the session info from displaying in a single line.

3. In styleTemplates/global/index.tpl find this: <div class="topCats">

Just above it, paste in this:

<div style="text-align: center">{SESSION}</div>

Guest theboylard

Hey All,

I am using killer skin and I have moved around a few of the boxs from the main page. Took me a few hours to figure out how to move them around and chop and change them but thats all apart of learning.

Problem I have is with the "search for" box and also the "Welcome Guest [Login | Register]"

Search for box

I have been able to move the "search for" box from the top right to the far left but I have no idea how to put a boarder around it just like the other boxes, also the spacing they have.

Welcome Guest [Login | Register]

I would like this text to be above the top blue boarder above the word "Home Page" but in the centre.

Any help on this will be great as I am just so lost...

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Bryce

Just a quickie really, sad bugger that I am (23.28 as I type this but wife has got the hump so stuff her!!): you might want to let a friend look over your site and help you with spelling - supplier not suppiler in the banner and in the homepage text manufacturers not manufactures.

Sorry, pedant mode on and beer is flowing so please don't be offended, happy new year :)

Guest gorbry

HEy Mate thanks for the code.

I was able to make the boarder, Remove the grey background and remove /br to put all on one line.

I am a bit lost with step 3. In styleTemplates/global/index.tpl find this: <div class="topCats">

<div class="topCats"> Does not exist in this file?? Below is code for my styleTemplates/global/index.tpl

Is there maybe something simular I have to use?

Thanks Bryce

<!-- BEGIN: body -->

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset={VAL_ISO}" />

<title>{META_TITLE}</title>

<meta name="description" content="{META_DESC}" />

<meta name="keywords" content="{META_KEYWORDS}" />

<link href="skins/{VAL_SKIN}/styleSheets/layout.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="skins/{VAL_SKIN}/styleSheets/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<script language="javascript" src="js/jslibrary.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

</head>

<body>

<div id="pageSurround">

<div id="topHeader">

<div id="sessionBox">

<div style="padding: 15px 8px 15px 15px; margin: 0px;">

{SESSION}

</div>

</div>

</div>

<div id="subSurround">

{CATEGORIES}

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" cellpadding="0">

<tr valign="top">

<td width="175">

<div class="boxTitleLeft"> </div>

<div class="boxContentLeft">				

{SEARCH_FORM}

</div>

<div class="boxFootRight"> </div>

{SHOPPING_CART}		

{RANDOM_PROD}	

{INFORMATION}

{MAIL_LIST}</td>

<td style="padding: 0px 5px 0px 5px;">{PAGE_CONTENT}</td>

<td width="175">

{POPULAR_PRODUCTS}

{SALE_ITEMS}

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</div>

{SITE_DOCS}

</div>

</body>

</html>

<!-- END: body -->

Guest gorbry

Thanks mate that worked, I will look at my spelling at end of project will get my wife to check as my spelling is shocking.

Once question how do I move the Welcome Guest [Login | Register] to be under the catergories? just above the blue board for Home Page.

Thanks Bryce